Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Paying for some squids behavior...

So I was leaving school last night and headed toward the freeway. I needed to get some gas, though I thought... meh, I will fill up down the way a bit instead. So I roll up to the left hand turn lane and see a bike ahead of me waiting.

So I'm thinking I will pull up close, though be in a tight staggered formation. I notice he has spikes on his lid, t-shirt, backpack, gloves, jeans and shoes. Light turns and we proceed to the on ramp. Appears he is having difficulty maintaining throttle control because I have to slow a bit, so I back off even more. Now we are just about to enter the freeway and he decides to drop back into first and try a throttle up wheelie.

He does this sorry display of a wheelie and proceeds to cut off the car that is just ahead of me on my right. As I shake my head in disappointment I see a Sherrif's patrol car taking off after him, so I start chuckling.

I go up a few more exits and see a Valero gas station and decide to fill up there. As I am exiting, I notice a police car at the stop. I pull into the pump and as I am shuttng the bike down, the cop car pulls in right in front of me and one right behind me. *To be honest it looked cool and I should have taken some pictures.

Cop proceeds to ask me about my friend and I tell him I've never met the guy and that I just noticed another bike at the light and decided to pull up kind of next to him to offer more visability against traffic. He says, "So you don't know him?" I proceed to tell him no. I then explain to him that I am a instuctor and that kinda sh** pisses me off too. I love wheelies and doing them, though there is a time and place and public roads aren't that place. I tell him I can show you my instructor i.d. if he would like and he says "No, that's alright." He and I chat for a couple about squids and this time of season. I tell him good luck and have a good one and off they go.

So I begin to fill up and I am questioned by most of the people there pumping fuel listening to their hate about the police. I start thinking these guys are just doing there job and if you've got nothing to hide, WTF then? The guy could have been a prick and he wasn't. He could've asked me for my license and reg and didn't. I was forth coming with my info and would've like to be more helpful, but I couldn't. Not to mention the car that was to the upper right of me could have swerved into my lane because of this prick on a Gixxer. ALWAYS plan an escape route.

Bottomline, there is a time and a place to do wheelies. To think that this squid on his Gixxer 750 could impress me after the life I have lived and the things I have done is a waste of his and my time. Wanna impress me, be observent when you ride and wear your gear. That is more rare to me than throttle up wheelies or cutting off people.

/rant

Sorry folks, just tire of some of the folks who unknowingly or knowingly represent us all.

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
621 Posts
hum.... your a squid for posting in the wrong area ? haha jk im guessing dude on the gixxer got a away..

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hum.... your a squid for posting in the wrong area ? haha jk im guessing dude on the gixxer got a away..
hehe... whoops. :retard:

Ya, the kid got away. Traffic was kind patchy so at the time the cop went after him, I sorta figured he was going to be lucky to catch him.

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
I heart woolies!!!! :crackup:

·
Registered
416 Posts
600, 750 and a 1000! Yut Ughhhh!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow. I mean, the cops are just doing their job. There's no need for people to be pejorative towards them. I think some of them are sexually attracted to authority, but that's just the personality type that gravitates to that job.

I shake my head every time I see someone not wearing full gear too. I was riding yesterday and saw another girl biker, which SHOULD have gained her huge respect with me. But, she was just wearing jeans, a t-shirt and a half-helmet. Yuck.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
lol... that is the first time I've seen that. I was wondering what "Yut uhhhh!" was.

If it's in reference to me, I'm not like that guy. I have more respect for cops though because most of my family is in law enforcement.

Incase anyone needed some sort of verification of me. *I would have left the picture in, though this was a replacement i.d. and I was on break when I got it done and I looked like crap. Ya, I give a sh**...lol

This is where I taught also: http://awesomecycles.com/studentquotes_school.htm *If you do a ctrl+f and search David A, that would be me. Some didn't put the A in their comments and there were 3 David's working there, including me...lol

Peace,

Gabe

*Incase I took something different from the way it was intended, I apologize.

·
Registered
416 Posts
^^^No its not towards you, it just sound like the "Gixxer" rider was the YUT UGHHH type!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hehe... right on. I thought so, but kinda distracted and still pissed about last night...lol.

Thanks for the clarification. :drunk:It is F*** it all Friday anyhow, I should just let it go. :biggrin:

Happy F*** it all Friday! :banger:

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
lol... that is the first time I've seen that. I was wondering what "Yut uhhhh!" was.

If it's in reference to me, I'm not like that guy. I have more respect for cops though because most of my family is in law enforcement.

Incase anyone needed some sort of verification of me. *I would have left the picture in, though this was a replacement i.d. and I was on break when I got it done and I looked like crap. Ya, I give a sh**...lol

This is where I taught also: http://awesomecycles.com/studentquotes_school.htm *If you do a ctrl+f and search David A, that would be me. Some didn't put the A in their comments and there were 3 David's working there, including me...lol

Peace,

Gabe

*Incase I took something different from the way it was intended, I apologize.
To bad that card expired almost 2 years ago :banghead:

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Wow. I mean, the cops are just doing their job. There's no need for people to be pejorative towards them. I think some of them are sexually attracted to authority, but that's just the personality type that gravitates to that job.

I shake my head every time I see someone not wearing full gear too. I was riding yesterday and saw another girl biker, which SHOULD have gained her huge respect with me. But, she was just wearing jeans, a t-shirt and a half-helmet. Yuck.
So popo's get lots of 'Tang??

thats it, i'm going to Police academy this year :lol:

Florida is full of squids that i'm so used to seeing riders wearing shades and shorts. I don't really care coz its they're skin, not mine. But you have to agree chick riders look hot with no gear.... :love:

Check here:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To bad that card expired almost 2 years ago :banghead:
Ya, I know. re-certifying soon. I didn't think I was going to miss teaching as much as I do.

Peace,

Gabe

1 - 20 of 26 Posts