Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im interested in getting a pair and dont know whether to stick with the standard length or go shorty.

Whats the pros and cons between the two??

·
Registered
628 Posts
It is really just preference. The shorties are more or less for people who prefer to use just two fingers for braking and clutching. I believe they come in a little further as well so you do not wear your hands out as quick leaving them stretched if you have short fingers.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use all 4 fingers on the clutch and 2 on the brake. Should I go with 1 shorty and 1 regular?

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
frog said:
I use all 4 fingers on the clutch and 2 on the brake. Should I go with 1 shorty and 1 regular?
Im completely opposite. I use 2 fingers on the clutch and 4 fingers on the brake if needed when I need the extra stopping power. Usually i use 2 on both. I would get a short clutch lever, and a long brake lever

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I stuck with the regular size myself.

Jason

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went with CRG - both shorties and love them. The short brake was a natural - I already just used 2 fingers anyway. The clutch was more to get used to than I thought, but now I like it. I 3 finger the clutch and my 3rd finger rides right on the nob end and I have gotten used to feeling it that way. Although I would not have thunk it, I have actually adjusted both brake and clutch on the fly as my riding style changed during the same ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.