Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any comments regarding the pc5 for the 09 cbr, i have an akra slip on with filter, now i know the pc v has a self tune you can buy as an accesory, though i hear dyno would be better off, any ideas or any one buy the pcv and know what are the gains over the costs. thanks

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
i bought mine because i was told you need one when you change to an after market filter or you could cause some damage. someone correct me if i am wrong. but you dont need one so much for a slip on but if you wont the full potential from the slip on it would be good to get one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from what i was told that a slip on and a filter is ok with the stock ecu, though if you add headers and so on its a must, as the stock ecu cant handle too much. Though even with after market add ons as such as we are dicussing, can they be a slight gain, or just a simple waste of $$$, especially if im too dyno the bike with these add ons.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A PCV without the autotune feature acts exactly as a PC3. You can still download maps via PC software, etc. A dyno tune is always preferable; however, it does not have the ability to adjust fuel settings on the fly as needed for varying conditions.

As far as necessity: with an aftermarket filter alone or filter and slip on combo, you can physically run the bike as usual without a power commander (thats not to say it will run well/to full potential). As for race exhaust (full system), it would be a waste not to have a power commander or comparable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just put a PCV on my 09 with a Leo Vince slip on and aftermarket air filter and the gaines are very noticeable through the mid range. In my opinion it was worth every penny I spent on it. FYI, if you buy it make sure it has the current software and firmware on it, if not you can download directly from power commanders website. (this could save you a lot of trouble...I know)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts