Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my PC3 last month or so and I noticed the buttons for the RPM settings. Its kinda obvious what they mean but I just don't really know what the best set up is for mine. I've got a 2+1- sprocket kit, BMC air filter, TwoBros slip-on. I set the PC on Mid RPM usually but I have never put it on Low because I figure the RPMs are too high when running the quarter. I know every bike is different but I just want to see what you guys have yours set on when running the quarter.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
The buttons on the PC3 are just like fine tuning you need to DL a map or get a custom map for your bike.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
PatMatrick said:
It is just a DL on the web. Why PM birdman? I didn't mess with the map it self just the buttons.
he's the guru on tuning...

I just know a little, I think they are just fine tune buttons you might need to adjust the map if the bike isn't responsing well..

·
Registered
513 Posts
low mid and hi aren't stages.the buttons are for adjusting the mapping without a computer. low=mapping for 0-5k, mid 5-10k, hi 10k-15k. as long as you didn't change the number of bars showing when you hit the buttons you didn't change anything. you need to plug into a computer for fine tuning.

·
Registered
980 Posts
dude I have the same setup as you and got it custom tuned/mapped well worth it!!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
r6beater said:
low mid and hi aren't stages.the buttons are for adjusting the mapping without a computer. low=mapping for 0-5k, mid 5-10k, hi 10k-15k. as long as you didn't change the number of bars showing when you hit the buttons you didn't change anything. you need to plug into a computer for fine tuning.
Exactly. If you're running the bike for competition then go get a custom map and quit fooling with the buttons. The buttons change a huge range all at once. Even if you open the software and change the fuel mapping there you still have no idea whether your changes made an improvement or made things worse.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn....attack me for askin a question. I loaded a map from the net. I put it on my bike and it has not moved. I have not messed with it nor do I live within 100 miles of a tuning center so I can't just run down and get it tuned. I was just wondering if the buttons did anything after the map was installed and the PC3 has been put on the bike.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Don't take it personal man. I didn't mean it like that. I just don't want to see you waste your time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts