Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy a power commander. Just wondering from people who have them if there is a big difference between the 2. And which you recommend

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
08'........................
You can use a PCIIIusb or a PC V (converted)

We have them both.

They both work great.

If you want to use the Auto Tune, then the PC V is the only option.

If you want to add a quick shifter, NOW, then PCIIIusb is the only option.

There is only $4 difference in price. So it just comes down to what you want to do with the Power Commander and personal preference.

http://www.hardracing.com/POWERCOMMANDERS/HONDA.htm

·
Registered
143 Posts
does anyone know from a real world performance standpoint, is there any significant improvement from using the PCV vs the PCIII?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
does anyone know from a real world performance standpoint, is there any significant improvement from using the PCV vs the PCIII?
Head to head, they will do the same thing in the end.

TUNE your bike.

The PC V just has MORE options, and more advance tuning.
So, if you really want to get into the tweaking, it offers extra options.

But at the end of the day.... They will end up with very similar results.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm trying to decide between the PCIIIusb and the PCV myself, but don't know if the V is worth the trouble. Yes, auto tune would be nice to have, but after seeing the PCV thread 1, I'm not sure it's worth all the trial and error just to have auto tuning ability. Maybe once someone posts a summarized installtion "How To" on the PCV the decision will be easier.

Thread 2

In the meantime, I'll do more reading & research to decide ...

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I'm trying to decide between the PCIIIusb and the PCV myself, but don't know if the V is worth the trouble. Yes, auto tune would be nice to have, but after seeing the PCV thread, I'm not sure it's worth all the trial and error just to have auto tuning ability. Maybe once someone posts a summarized installtion "How To" on the PCV the decision will be easier.

In the meantime, I'll do more reading & research to decide ...
Then you should probably just get the PCIIIusb.
PLUG-n-PLAY, ... put a map in it, and your done.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Then you should probably just get the PCIIIusb.
PLUG-n-PLAY, ... put a map in it, and your done.
The irony is that I deal with software & computer systems professionally, but you may be right HR. BTW, thanks to Hard Racing for responding to my PMs on this subject. I do appreciate your fast response and feedback.

:01_thumbu

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
are you doing just a run? or you actually having a custom map created?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so honestly is it worth it to buy a pcv for my 08' and try and figure out all the mapping and etc just so i can have auto tune or should i just got with the pc3 no auto tune but no worries?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts