Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

yesterday I changed the rear indicators on my bike and the bike started perfectly fine afterwards. Today I then changed the front indicators, as well as the relais.
After testing that the indicators were working I put everything back together and I wanted to ride the bike back to its spot, but then it would not start.

I have recorded a video to make troubleshooting easier. Horn is also not working.

It is limited how much damage I could have made, since I was using cable adapters for the indicators. One thing is that I might have swapped the relais while the key was on "ON". I am not sure about that.

Can the battery suddenly be discharged or did I blow a fuse?

Thanks a lot! Appreciate your help.

// Kevin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dead or discharged? Is it possible to just destroy the battery just like that?

I just got the bike two months ago from the dealer with two years Honda warranty.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
discharged. Stick it on a charger for a little bit or if you have some help you can try bump starting it.

It might help if you turn your high beam off until after the bike is started. I noticed it was on in your video, and don't know how long you had your key in the on position before you noticed the bike wouldn't start

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I probably had the key in for like 20mins or so before shooting the video. I will go to the local hardware store tomorrow and get me a charger. I will keep you updated how it goes!

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After being gone for a couple of weeks due to business, I am now back and have charged the battery. It started the first time!

Thank you very much for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts