Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I buy a used PCIII off the board run everything, there is an EXTRA RED wire that I can no find instructions of where it connects.

So I figure possibly I dont need it, fire up the bike it starts to load up, wont run right with the PCIII installed.

Hooked up the factory injector wiring and disconnect the ground and she fires up no problem,

Anyone know where the red wire goes ??

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
What do you mean by "bike starts to load up" and "won't run right" ?

Sure you got the throttle body connectors in the right sequence? TPS connector is hooked up as well?

Is the red wire is part of the PC3 wiring harness? Are you sure you're not referring to the USB cable (it connects your computer to the PC3 unit, and is not used for normal operation)?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya there is a RED wire, a gre wire for the TPS and the ground wire.

Ya I had everything connected correctly, just uncertain about this red wire that is in the harness.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I can't tell from the blurry pics (took the photo too close...does your digicam have a macro mode, for closeup shots? Icon usually looks like a flower)...what is at the end of the red wire? Does it terminate as a connector? Bare wire?

By the way, Alpine Jim has a point....there is no current part number 115-410 in use. 115-411 is for the current part number for 03-04 models, and 117-411 is for 05-06 models. Old/discontinued model perhaps? As I recall there were problems with the early PC3s for 03-04 RRs.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
You sure that is not the power wire that goes to the battery?

Jason

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Visitor Q said:
You sure that is not the power wire that goes to the battery?

Jason
i agree with jason the unit was connected to the battery if my memorey is right cause i do not have a power commander no more since dec 04

·
Registered
202 Posts
Going from memory here but I'll give my best shot.

Harness runs from the PC111, first connection is a black ground to the battery, next connection is the TPS clip, then the four clips to the injectors.

No red wire lose like that that I recall. Where did you purchase? Is it new or used?
You can always call tech support they are real good at answering questions.

·
7,847 Posts
Yeah I could not recall if there is a ground and a hot wire to the battery... I know there is one or both... I mean other than that there is only the TPS sensor and the injector wires.

Jason

·
Registered
81 Posts
Visitor Q said:
Yeah I could not recall if there is a ground and a hot wire to the battery... I know there is one or both... I mean other than that there is only the TPS sensor and the injector wires.

Jason

I recently did a hook up for my 05. There was only a ground wire that goes to the battery. Nothing extra from the injector wires or TPS connection.

It might be possible that the PC is for a different model bike??? That might have an extra wire???

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
fasteddie_rr said:
Going from memory here but I'll give my best shot.

Harness runs from the PC111, first connection is a black ground to the battery, next connection is the TPS clip, then the four clips to the injectors.

No red wire lose like that that I recall. Where did you purchase? Is it new or used?
You can always call tech support they are real good at answering questions.
Exactly. I think you bought:

1) An outdated version
2) A PC for another bike.

Call dynojet and talk to them about the unit.

People, please be forewarned that buying used electronics is a very risky proposition. I DO NOT recommend it. However, if you paid $20 for it then lesson learned.

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
Hard to see it in this picture, but the red goes to the red/yellow wire and the black goes to the green/orange wire on the tps i think, try that.

·
7,847 Posts
LBZ215 said:
I recently did a hook up for my 05. There was only a ground wire that goes to the battery. Nothing extra from the injector wires or TPS connection.

It might be possible that the PC is for a different model bike??? That might have an extra wire???
Yeah all I recall was there was atleast one wire to the battery but my setup was for an 04.

Jason

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
only wire that goes to the battery is the short black wire, it's very obvious since it has a ring terminal on it and is the right length. This is the ground wire.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The newer PC3 get the power from the injectors not for the AC power. Hence why the PC3 does not power on with the key, you have to put the kill switch to the run position before the PC3 will power up.

To me he has an older unit that uses a tap in style connection to the TPS, the new units use a go between harness instead that connects just like how the injectors are hooked up. I think the OP said he bought the unit used.

·
7,847 Posts
beung said:
The newer PC3 get the power from the injectors not for the AC power. Hence why the PC3 does not power on with the key, you have to put the kill switch to the run position before the PC3 will power up.

To me he has an older unit that uses a tap in style connection to the TPS, the new units use a go between harness instead that connects just like how the injectors are hooked up. I think the OP said he bought the unit used.
Sounds right....

Jason

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I have a red wire and a black wire of equal lengths.

I removed the back of the PCIII and tested the wires, ends up the red is actually the grey wire for the TPS and the black wire connects to a black/white stripe.

Anyone have a clue what the BLACK/WHITE STRIPE wire in the PCIII is for?

Earlier I had contacted DYNOJET they said there should only be 1 wire comming out.

On the back of the PCIII I counted 12 wires, I have 11 wires comming out the end of the harness + the ground mid harness that Equals 12

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SEE PICS ON 1ST PAGE <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts