Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im having my PCII tuned withing the next few days and I have a few questions.

A. I was told it might be good to swap my good tire with my harder non track tire so the dyno drum doesn't chew it up. Is that true?

B. I remember reading that you need to block something off to get a good tune on these bikes. Is that true?

C. Is tuning these bikes the same as any other? I'm asking because one of the places around here does mainly Harleys but its cheaper that the others.

Thanks for your input.

M

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I wouldnt do the tune with them personally as you pay for experience, would you let a car mechanic fix your bike cause it was cheaper and they thought its all the same? and then later on have to go to a qualified mechanic cause the cheap mechanic didnt fix the problem....

Go to somewhere authorised, as the link below will take you to a search for your area, having had my bike tuned its a lot more ten just throwing it on the computer, within the exhaust there is some outlet/servo that they remove to also give you better HP/flow (this is illegal in LA though if i recall) but you get it dynoed by a pro because with that experience you get every drop of HP, as isnt that why your getting it dynoed in the first place?

and if you get it done by this "cheaper guy" will you be 100% confident with it afterwards? or think damn i have to get it done again properly? I could be wrong

maybe the harley tuner is Power commander certified??

btw i had no issues with my tyre when it was in for the dyno for 7hrs worth, i think he only did 80km or less during the whole run

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/TuningCenters/Default.aspx

Wisconsin
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/TuningCenters/Default.aspx?State=Wisconsin

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Definitely, go with a Certified center if you can.

A. I was told it might be good to swap my good tire with my harder non track tire so the dyno drum doesn't chew it up. Is that true? A Dyno will eat it up, after lots of runs. Slowly but surely.

B. I remember reading that you need to block something off to get a good tune on these bikes. Is that true? . Correct. Smog Block off Plates

1 - 3 of 3 Posts