Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a bike with a PCIII USB installed on it (granted the jack ass installed it wrong). I want to update the firm ware but can not do this without the 9V adapter. I don't have this adapter so I was wondering if anyone knew what two prongs the 9V adapter actually hooks into so I can just wire in a 9V and update the firmware. I know it can be done, I just need to know which inlet is the positive and which is the negative. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Doesn't it work with the bike running?

·
Registered
543 Posts
i cant remember if the little release clip goes up or down... i think down. but lookin at teh plug on the PCII with the release facing down... top right pin (pin 5) is - and bottom left (pin 6) is + from the 9V. if the release thing goes up then its opposite, but top right and bottom left pins

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot! Trying to get the bike running right now because the correct installation of the plugs made it run rich. Thought I would start by updating the firmware and then going from there.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you have access to a laptop just connect it right to the PCIII with it running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts