Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so me and another .net member were putting on his 520kit yesterday and decided to update my pcIII map.... well we plug it into his laptop and get the program running but the program isnt showing any info on my bike/pcIII (no map info, throttle position, rpms, anything).... my pcIII still works and lights up... and we just used the program for a friends bike a couple days earlier and it worked fine... and also tried 2 different cables and still nothing... any ideas??

·
Registered
820 Posts
i know you said you tried different cables but i had this problem untill i used the right cable .... also is the key on on the bike?

·
Registered
458 Posts
you cant change/update the map while the bike is running....with bike off attach the 9v battery adapter and the 9v. attach computer via usb and then it should work.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
you should be able to change/update the map with the bike on, not running, with the killswitch in the run position. this will power the PC, meanwhile connecting the usb, PC to the computer.

·
Registered
458 Posts
you should be able to change/update the map with the bike on, not running, with the killswitch in the run position. this will power the PC, meanwhile connecting the usb, PC to the computer.
thats what i meant....not running. your right witht the key in and switch on it should work also but the PCIII does not receive power like this on some models for some reason therefore you must connect a battery. thanks for the clarification

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well we tried with the bike on and got nothing... i found my 9v battery and tried that and nothing... maybe the battery is dead...

·
Registered
458 Posts
well we tried with the bike on and got nothing... i found my 9v battery and tried that and nothing... maybe the battery is dead...
hopefully....or maybe your PCIII is screwed :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts