Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put on a Danmoto slip-on without a baffle and want to put a K&N air filter in it, do i need a PCV for those changes?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
short answer, no, you don't NEED it...

you didn't ask this question, but I would recommend it. you will see much better throttle response and a smoother power band all throughout the throttle if you add a PCV and (and I repeat AND) get it tuned by a professional using a dyno.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, to my knowledge if you change any of the air/fuel ratio it is best to get the PC to help fix the ratio... thats what i was thinking itll make the bike feel "better" but im not sure if its worth that kind of money $400-PC $100- Filter $200 maybe for install plus tune cost....

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
A PCV can be bought new from Motomummy for $260. Just an FYI if you are interested in going that route but are concerned about the money adding up quickly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PC mapping for a Danmoto

with the Donmoto slip-on how would i go about mapping the PC?? i dont see a Danmoto map on dynojets site.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
with the Donmoto slip-on how would i go about mapping the PC?? i dont see a Danmoto map on dynojets site.
You could have motomummy (or other supplier) preload a map onto the PCV. Granted they don't have a specific map for your pipe but something similar could be loaded and it could work.

Alternatively, do you plan to have your bike dyno'd? If so, just leave the base map on the PCV and have a custom tune made.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
That's how I did mine. I also did a follow up email just to double check. Let them know what slip on, filter, etc.

As mentioned before though. Since it isn't a full system, smooth power throughout will only be achieved with a custom tune. A preloaded map is close but not perfect.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
I can make one for you
Unless you're going to put his bike on a dyno, then you're just guessing.

OP, the air filter you listed is good if you plan on cleaning and re-using it. Otherwise, OEM is just as good for street performance and filters VERY well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have an 07 600rr. i also run a danmoto slip on with a BMC filter. i ran the slip on with out an PC3 with no issues for a few weeks. then i added the filter after i got a PC3 and then i added race headers. i had the guy named "JEFFO" custom make a map for me. and so far it runs smooth.

·
Registered
129 Posts
also OP if you select a map from the Dynojet website. the 2bro slip on w/stock or after market filter map is the most agressive, then use the M4 slip on map. i wouldnt use the race exhaust maps unless you have headers. i also used the arapovick map with filter too. I used tho preloaded maps when all i have was the PC3 and the slip on.

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Dynojet Tuning

Absolutely nothing beats custom mapping on a Dyno bespoke for your individual bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts