Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Selling your soul?? I'm buying
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my friend was walking by my biek today and saw a guy looking at my bike and the guy was like nice till he saw that it was a 600cc bike, then he said " oh its only a 600, its a slow bike."
some poeple just have no idea, the guy probably has never even rode a bike. my friend got pissed and told me about it. man its all up to the rider on how fast the bike is, especially on the track. some people are soo stupid.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
If that bothers you, you're in for a long hard life.

I live in one of the biggest military areas in the world.
No offense to military guys, but when you take thousands and thousands of 18 year olds together.... You get nothing but Hayabusas and liter bikes, Mustangs and camaros etc racing up and down the interstates. If you can't wheelie at 100mph "you suck" etc. THey believe the bike you ride is an indicator of how good you are.

If I worried about that, I would always be worried around here.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i feel ya man. i don't have a CBR but i ride an SV650S and everytime i talk to people that don't know jack squat about bikes they're like... "it's ONLY a 600 though" that makes no sense! yah, it's a 600 that laughs at "slow down... sharp turns ahead"

some people just don't understand the whole essence of riding. the feeling you get everytime your buddies tell you they found a great curvy road, and not just "my bike goes blah blah... so i'm better than you"

they're always out there, and they're called HATERS especially the ones that don't even ride! just have fun on the bike man, and next time if you get to see him... ask him that you never knew slow 600 was supposed to be doing 10 sec. 1/4 miles STOCK!

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
shinobi1688 said:
i feel ya man. i don't have a CBR but i ride an SV650S and everytime i talk to people that don't know jack squat about bikes they're like... "it's ONLY a 600 though" that makes no sense! yah, it's a 600 that laughs at "slow down... sharp turns ahead"

some people just don't understand the whole essence of riding. the feeling you get everytime your buddies tell you they found a great curvy road, and not just "my bike goes blah blah... so i'm better than you"

they're always out there, and they're called HATERS especially the ones that don't even ride! just have fun on the bike man, and next time if you get to see him... ask him that you never knew slow 600 was supposed to be doing 10 sec. 1/4 miles STOCK!
heh... make that 11.2 or so...

·
Registered
90 Posts
hey.. that's 11.2 that he would never do (oh, and i really meant 10.99 secs. but it's not that important)

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
hondaf4iguy said:
Stupid people talk the most. Look at Eazy's post count.
Hey, over here......

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have always been a 600cc kinda guy. I guess i'm just
stubborn. I always like hearing the guys talk about how slow that bike is
until we hit the twisties. There is nothing better than the look on the face
of the rider on the "big" bike, when your on his a$$.
You'll never utilize the full potential of a liter bike on the street!

Oh wait; I can go really fast on the interstate....

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Some ppl are just idiots, Ignorince is bliss to them. I have had 2 600's and know that most ppl out there cant even ride there 600's to its max potential (not that I can). But in the canyons and twisties I school most of them on litre bikes 750's. Motorcyclist had a article on this, it was a new 05 kawasaki zx6 and the gixxer 1k 2005. They pretty much said it takes skill to make the 600 fast and it takes wrist to make the gixxer 1k fast. Anyways back to the point on hand, **** haters!!!! They dont got **** on you.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Its all good though when you go to hit the twisties and these guys show up on gixxer 1000's, zx-10rs...whatever and you totally smoke them! A couple months back my usual group of friends I ride with invited these other 2 guys to come with. Both on liter bikes. They were all up front and on our butts (my buddy leading, and me behind him) and then we hit the corners. We left those guys behind so fast it was hilarious.

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
Hey Mister, it may not be very big around, but it sure is short!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Civic CX Hatch said:
Motorcyclist had a article on this, it was a new 05 kawasaki zx6 and the gixxer 1k 2005. They pretty much said it takes skill to make the 600 fast and it takes wrist to make the gixxer 1k fast. Anyways back to the point on hand, **** haters!!!! They dont got **** on you.
I just got done with that article..good reading material..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts