Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little confused where peak power is on the 2007 bike, can someone tell me?
A friend of mine told me that I have been changing gear too much and too early and after reading some magazines and then Mook's brilliant write up on Track Days I am wondering.

I also watched a programme called Fifth Gear the other week and they tested cars for 0-60 times which were advertised by the manufacturer and found most of them to be wrong.
This makes me wonder whether the 0-60 times on bikes are also wrong, does anyone know?
I think the Honda CBR600RR 2007 0-60 is something like 3.2 seconds although I have never tried to time it.

Cheers everyone

·
Registered
810 Posts
I also watched a programme called Fifth Gear the other week and they tested cars for 0-60 times which were advertised by the manufacturer and found most of them to be wrong.
They were not wrong its just that:

1. The cars were not setup in 'optimal driving conditions.'
2. The Driver was NOT a test driver (think it was Tim who is only a ex radio presenter).
Please take this programme (& Top Gear) with a huge piece of salt.
The director & producer's have their own agenda & that is ratings - The way these 'tests' (this is laughable by itself) are conducted have NO scientific basis.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Pete but I am still a little unsure when I should be changing gear to get the best out of the engine and gears

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Cheers Pete but I am still a little unsure when I should be changing gear to get the best out of the engine and gears
Whenever it feels right for you. I usually shift around 7-8K on a normal day, if I'm feeling a bit spunky, maybe around 9-11K. If you want to scare yourself, try shifting around 13K.

Here's a HP/Torque diagram for an '05. Yes, the higher up in the RPM's you go, say up to 12KRPM+ before you shift, the more power you are going to have, but like I mentioned before, it gets a bit scarry, or I'm just too old.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have bounced it off the redline once and that was very nice but also scary fast but hey that's why we bought these bikes

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I shift at red line while racing.

I probably shouldn't when I think about it because the power falls off at 13k, maybe i should try shifting right before red line.

(it just doesn't sound as fast)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts