Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Chicago last night sitting at a red light pretty much on the crosswalk since the traffic was so bad. So as people were crossing the intersection I had some guy walk up like he was about to walk in front of me and at the last second he just reached over and hit my throttle up to about 5-6k and kept walking. I didn't have my hand covering it and thought it was kind of amusing, first time my bike's been revved at a red light and since he didn't get it up to anything over that I let it slide. I've heard of people hitting the cut-off switch and that was my first thought as I saw his hand. Thought it was interesting though...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Glad to hear nothing bad happened from that.I wouldn't have been to happy about it though.Just don't think people should be touching my belongings without my permission.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I was in Chicago last night sitting at a red light pretty much on the crosswalk since the traffic was so bad. So as people were crossing the intersection I had some guy walk up like he was about to walk in front of me and at the last second he just reached over and hit my throttle up to about 5-6k and kept walking. I didn't have my hand covering it and thought it was kind of amusing, first time my bike's been revved at a red light and since he didn't get it up to anything over that I let it slide. I've heard of people hitting the cut-off switch and that was my first thought as I saw his hand. Thought it was interesting though...
I was there on Friday night and I had someone try to shut my bike off, pissed me off lol.

I mean when I'm out riding with friends if we r at a light and there are NO cars around I might kill their bike and take off, but I always check to make sure it isn't goin to compromise their safety first. If I was downtown it would piss me off. Too many NASCAR drivers at every light

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
991 Posts
man I would have been pissed. You dont touch my s*** unless I tell you or you are a close friend. I would have at least yelled at him if not more.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
when i was still in school the seniors were allowed to ride their 50cc's to school (legal for age 16 -18). this one afternoon a guy had just tarted up his 50cc and was sitting on the bike, talkign to his buddy. i remeber the bike was smoking quite badly, now i dont know if this was two stroke or what but i remember thinking he is not taking good care of it.

the next moment someone walks up to the bike, and refs it up to limiter and holds it there. the rider casually removed his hand after a few seconds when he saw he wasnt going to let go. he didnt do anything, they just laughed about it. i would have beaten the guy to a pulp (well to the best of my ability at least), but i got the feeling nobody cared. dad will buy a new one.

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
He would have been wearing the carbon fiber knuckles of my gloves across his jaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
264 Posts
You what? ...take the fingers that touched your bike and snap them? That's my take on such a thing anyway :shakehand

Problem is with ATGATT you can't really chase anyone...gotta grab his hand quick...I wouldn't use my bike to chase him, he'll run on grass or 'not so bike friendly' surfaces...in the movies when they do that if you look close they've changed the tyres on the sportbikes to nobly dirtbike tyres...

**** that! youre on a 100hp crotch rocket! chase the bastardd :spank::spank:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the thing it happened so fast, he pretty much just gave it a quick twist to 6k and continued walking, it was bumper to bumper traffic as well so after weighing it all I decided it wasn't so bad, now if he had WOT'd it something would have happened but more or less a little irritated at it all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
wow thats really bad cause if you had dropped the clutch by accident then there would have been a major issue.....some people don't think and don't respect others

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
That is stupid, what is it with people thinking they can do whatever they want just cuz it's a bike... I walked out from class and seen people around my bike touching it flipping the throttle and shyt... It's just like me getting in there car and pressing the gas and messing with windows, it's my vehicle don't Fu(king touch it!!!but I am a little more hot headed than most so I may overreact to situations like that compared to some of you guys

·
Registered
804 Posts
That's f*cking stupid, who in their right mind would think that's alright to do? I would have beat his ass, not funny or cool just disrespectful and stupid

·
Registered
265 Posts
That is stupid, what is it with people thinking they can do whatever they want just cuz it's a bike... I walked out from class and seen people around my bike touching it flipping the throttle and shyt... It's just like me getting in there car and pressing the gas and messing with windows, it's my vehicle don't Fu(king touch it!!!but I am a little more hot headed than most so I may overreact to situations like that compared to some of you guys
100% Agree with you. It's probabaly cause I bought the bike myself after saving up for it for a two years(Without staving myself that is:retard: and a poor college student) I have so much pride in my bike and if anyone touches my baby then its going down.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I would have put it in gear and pop the clutch. I'll make sure he will never stroke his wee wee with that hand again.

This is why we emphasize in wearing gear. It's for situation like this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts