Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an o4 rr and took off those feeler bolts under the pegs awhile back, and today, I was riding pretty hard through some cormers and I just kept feeding her lean until I felt my foot being pushed up!!! I was oon my tip toes on the pegs so the front sides of my shoe got alittle road burn! What's even weirder was that I was grinding off my pegs and I still didn't get the rear or front fully edged out! There is still like a micron left! :evil:

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
if you take off the feelers, your pegs have another inch or so b/f they hit ground/.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, I don't know how much, but alittle, like 3 or 4 degrees. and I was just bored when I did it. I took off the passanger rear sets at the same time, but I put those back on later. Those little bolts didn't make it back on. but now I have a little triangle shaped sanded off mark on the bottom of the right peg! It was a pretty cool feeling though! man the bike was turning fast! The RR is the ****. :bounce:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Move your ass off the seat more and take wider lines. Also move your feet back so you're on the balls of them, completely up on your toes. If you're on the balls/toes there should be no way your shoe hits the ground. Invest in riding boots as well.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I guess when I am to the point that the feelers are scraping it may make sense. Everyday the RR amazes me. It is such a gas going from dirt bikes, to a standard and then this.

·
Registered
163 Posts
matt89 said:
I have an o4 rr and took off those feeler bolts under the pegs awhile back, and today, I was riding pretty hard through some cormers and I just kept feeding her lean until I felt my foot being pushed up!!! I was oon my tip toes on the pegs so the front sides of my shoe got alittle road burn! What's even weirder was that I was grinding off my pegs and I still didn't get the rear or front fully edged out! There is still like a micron left! :evil:
I have the SATO rearsets and those pegs aren't spring loaded. I'd hate to scrape those because there is no give at all.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Much like other have said, it's either your overleaning the bike and not off the seat as you should be or you need to invest in rearsets to move the pegs back and up. But you can probably fix the problem with body positioning.

·
Registered
814 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Much like other have said, it's either your overleaning the bike and not off the seat as you should be or you need to invest in rearsets to move the pegs back and up. But you can probably fix the problem with body positioning.
Don't forget about lines. If you take the wrong line you're leaned over too far and for too long in the corner. My friend used to smoke me a few years ago till I figured out the rreal ight way to take a corner, and that was after a couple years of street riding experience and a lifetime of dirt.

·
Registered
99 Posts
:rolleyes: Why is it cool to scrape hard parts while riding on the street? Take the testosterone to the track, scrape all of the hard parts you want there, just don't take out another rider in the process. If you just want to remove all of your chicken strips to look cool, may i suggest sandpaper or a dremel. If you really want to ride fast, take a class that will teach you how to ride a sportbike properly through the corners so that you are fast and not scraping things that shouldn't be scraped. Speed through a corner requires that the tire have a decent amount of contact with the road surface. If you are at or past the edge of the tire, you are reducing that contact patch and will eventually wind up lowsiding at best. But to each their own.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts