Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I bought my second cbr not long ago, I've done about 2k miles and I am dealing with engine vibration and right foot peg vibration. Also when you are feathering the throttle you can feel almost what feels like chain slap on the right hand peg. These bikes are very smooth through the rev range having owned and ridden a few before so it's not just something to deal with. I also done about 1.5k miles been very smooth like...no vibration at all through pegs or engine...nothing is loose, chain has been checked and sprockets, engine bolts are tight and still have factory markings. As I say this bike ran almost like you couldn't feel the engine running for so long, now has all these vibrations. I understand these are sports bikes but these vibrations are not normal as I see from other posts...would be nice to hear from someone who has dealt with the same and maybe rectified the problem. Cheers cbr600rr 2005

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I noticed earlier that the chain slapping feeling on the right peg including the vibration almost went away by engaging the clutch by 1mm

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definately motor speed, clutch in rolling no vibration at all, clutch in and revving also has no vibration to pegs or tank

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Jeez, im outta my knowledge base.

In neutral, with the bike on stands is the vibe there when you're loading the clutch slightly as described above?

in a car, i'd guess at a bad throwout bearing.

ps keep posting!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's still a little vibration but can't tell as the peg vibration and feeling of slapping isn't until your in gear feathering the throttle. Seen too many posts where people have abused others saying it's normal and to deal with a sports bike, I've ridden a few and ridden my own to know these bikes are super smooth throughout the revs. I will get to the bottom of it and make sure I post what it is. Over the next week or so I will replace clutch springs aswell as obtaining measurements. It also feels like the bike has some drag as sometimes the power feels smoother and more. Keep you updated soon

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Chain and sprockets in good shape, not just checked? How many miles on them?

Wheels in alignment? How about wheel bearings?

So what did you do to the bike, no matter how insignificant it seems, right before it started doing this?

Lastly, how many miles on the bike?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutely nothing, started doing it and all I've done since then is service, replaced cct with another new genuine honda part which tbh I don't like them, manual is quieter and a little smoother once adjusted right. Bike Las 7.7k on it.
Friday I will be ordering roller bearing, washer, lock nut and washer, 5 clutch springs and will check clutch plate measurements and see whether there is a difference. Ordered a new set of coils which have arrived, didn't need but dyno day Saturday to see how fueling is sue to exhaust and pipe and k n n. Some say don't need a tune but the engine has a growl to it and I believe it's due to running a little too lean. She'll be then parked up until I get the clutch parts Ns will update the add..if it resolves it, bonus!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After inspection the roller bearing and guide has too much play so will be replaced and all clutch springs are loose. So will be replacing these and hopefully the bike feels good as new. Will update again once I know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts