Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with everyone who gets defensive against Honda? I bring this to you because on the local car and bike forum I belong to, where I'm a moderator in the biker forum, one of the guys made a stupid comment in another guy's thread, where he said "sheesh, can't you Honda guys get anything right?lol".. I replied with "yea I know a guy who can. His name is Nicky Hayden.lol".. I said this with a bit of humor, and wasn't really bothered by his previous comment, then he comes back and starts talking about how comparing a Honda MotoGP bike is a stretch cuz Honda has way more money than the others and blah blah blah, and if we want to be serious, let's compare the brands where they actually resemble street bikes that we can buy. So I gave a speech on how it sickens me that people are so biased towards their favorite brand and how they think everything else is junk and asked what he'd say if I mentioned Formula Extreme.. Probably something about factory support and whatnot. I told him to quit making excuses everytime Honda does well and that MotoGP teams all have to follow the same rules and if Suzuki wants to compete, maybe they should step it up and their loyal consumers can learn to accept when another brand takes the podium.. Sorry bout the rant, but I'm getting so sick of these pathetic whiners.

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
I would love to have like 20 bikes. I ride an RR *now* but it certainly isn't the only thing I've owned or loved.

·
Registered
231 Posts
He sounds like a Harley loyalist. I wouldn't let silly crap get to you.
I just accept the fact that everyone has an opinion, and some may not have the same as you.
I just give everyone props for rocking two wheels. Even if they don't.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah he's a Suzuki freak.. Anytime anyone mentions a Honda he says something completely ignorant about them, like they are boring or whatever just because they have a smooth, linear powerband.. It's very immature. I like all brands for the different bike they do or have produced at one point or another. Some people just rave on about the brand the buy. It's very childish.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've dealt with people of this nature many times. Many times they are talking out of there ass and have no real clue what they are talking about.

I don't mind peoples input even if its negative if they have had PERSONAL history with said product or ride style. I have reached the age where I know what my riding accomplishments are and I just shake my head and laugh after the ignorant buffoon leaves my space.

·
Registered
435 Posts
yea i think every brand has its own strongpoints and weaknesses...id ride a suzuki cuz they are a decent bike as well i just prefer my rr.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
don't worry about em Rhino. Hondas are just the SH*T.

You can abuse a 600RR for 15,000 miles and they STILL beg for 5000 more miles of torture.
How many times do u hear someone say their gixxer/yami/kawi broke down?? Meanwhile, I hear guys telling me "Man, i've completely raped my RR for 10,000 miles without so much as an oil/coolant leak."

Honda doesn't give their bikes unecessary buzz. No 20k rev limit, no 25hp increase, no 40lb weight decrease. Yet the mags give them all praise as the most reliable and powerful bikes around...especially on the track.

·
Registered
860 Posts
People just need to respect people's personal preference. Don't hate on gixxers if you're a Honda owner and vice versa. "TO EACH THEIR OWN" just my $.02.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree. I get it from Yamaha peeps. Suzuki peeps. It is really just pure preference. It is like the same craziness in the sport compact car realm. Or Democrats and Republicans. Just let folks be different. I think it would be real boring if everything was the same.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
RHINO-RR said:
Nah he's a Suzuki freak.. Anytime anyone mentions a Honda he says something completely ignorant about them, like they are boring or whatever just because they have a smooth, linear powerband.. It's very immature. I like all brands for the different bike they do or have produced at one point or another. Some people just rave on about the brand the buy. It's very childish.
my "suzuki" friends do the same stuff. Any time the word Honda comes up, they have to make some dumb ass comment about how suzukis are sooo much better and I should have bought a suzuki....etc, etc....

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
i absolutely hate people who have a one-track mind. although i have an RR, i still respect other bikers who own other brands other than honda. it really all comes down to rider skill and training. doesn't matter how much money a company has. each motorcycle brand has its own strengths. as for me, i've always wanted a gixxer as my first bike, but when i ended up with an RR, i absolutely fell in love with it. i mean, i think gixxers look hot, but so do cbr's. plus RR's have better suspension, quality, and re-sale value; and its nice to be unique. there's so many gixxers on the road, they're just too common.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
People are pathetic as you stated on a topic. But who cares, let them blame and talk bunch a ****. Let them be a little online "thug"

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
people are entitled to their own opinions, it does not make it right or wrong.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea I'm cool with opinions. Like I said, I like all brands for certain points.. But I never go around saying "Suzuki's suck!".. Yet this guy does. I just think it's immature.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts