Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Results from the first two Free Practices at Phillip Island; Capirossi is flying!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
wow looks like the kawis found their stride for the 2nd FP

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Wow, a surprise in day 2 qualifying...

Checa on top, Hayden second, Capirossi third....

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
as long as finishes infront of VR and Dani --- its all good!!!

btw --- did anyone watch qualifying? i was listening to the commentators about nicky's future with honda --- hmmm....

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nicky Hayden grabs pole position!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
DaMartian said:
as long as finishes infront of VR and Dani --- its all good!!!

btw --- did anyone watch qualifying? i was listening to the commentators about nicky's future with honda --- hmmm....
What did they say?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
SilverSurfer said:
What did they say?
pretty much that yamaha is very interested and so is ducati - he's still holding off coz he still wants to stay with honda but he's not liking how he's being treated coz he's the test dummy and he really wants to concentrate on the championship... so don't be surprised if he's rossi's teammate again LOL

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
DaMartian said:
pretty much that yamaha is very interested and so is ducati - he's still holding off coz he still wants to stay with honda but he's not liking how he's being treated coz he's the test dummy and he really wants to concentrate on the championship... so don't be surprised if he's rossi's teammate again LOL
Oh well that I knew already. That's been going around for a while. But he HAS to be the test dummy because he's their most senior rider (other than Makoto Tamada).

Melandri, Stoner and Pedrosa have less time on the RC211V. Melandri was offered to be the test mule and he refused.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
it was just pretty interesting to me coz one of the commentators asked nicky about signing with yamaha and he said nothing is set in stone yet but the way he's being the test dummy is making him lean more towards other bikes vs staying with honda

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I dont want everyone to think im a Hyaden Hater.

I REALLY do want him to win it...but man,he needs race wins,not podiums.

Lets hope he can do it...

What i will and can say is i have no right to judge or criticize anyone.

And thats what i felt i have done...

I'm in no place to be an arm chair racer or jury.

So i will apologise for that.

Hayden has a dream carrer and has more talent than i can dream of having.So im in no shape to judge anyone.

·
Registered
326 Posts
He's complaining of lack of grip on race tires. Watching his times, he's not that consistently fast on race set up either. If Rossi doesn't pull away from the start it will be between Rossi and the red bike and maybe Edwards. Hope I'm wrong and the Repsol boys can work some magic.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
jjh600RR said:
He's complaining of lack of grip on race tires. Watching his times, he's not that consistently fast on race set up either. If Rossi doesn't pull away from the start it will be between Rossi and the red bike and maybe Edwards. Hope I'm wrong and the Repsol boys can work some magic.
If he's complaining about grip on race tires then he probably has a good beef. He's got time to figure out what tires to use.

I wouldn't count Hayden out of this one so fast. This is one of his favorite tracks.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts