Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nicky Hayden (Repsol Honda RC211V) notched his third pole position of the season with a storming lap of 1m 29.337 seconds here at the demanding 4.448km Phillip Island circuit in Australia. His effort was 0.731 seconds inside the previous best qualifying time.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts

Go Nicky hopefully will see this image again

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
He said he really likes that track, wouldn't suprise me if we don't see him at the top of the podium there. Would be good for him to win one more this year, MAYBE some of the haters will stop hatin.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I agree hayden is an amazing rider, but like everyone else he gets overshadowed the "the doctor"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Err... Rossi is more an amazing rider in contrast to Hayden. But yeah, he did try pretty dam hard getting it all jittery oot of the corners. One thing that shits me about Hayden is his speech. Him and all his "yeh know", "yeh know", "yeh know", "yeh know", I'm like umm, no, i don't know. :s

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Muzzy3226 said:
Err... Rossi is more an amazing rider in contrast to Hayden. But yeah, he did try pretty dam hard getting it all jittery oot of the corners. One thing that shits me about Hayden is his speech. Him and all his "yeh know", "yeh know", "yeh know", "yeh know", I'm like umm, no, i don't know. :s
It's a Kentucky thing "yeh know", we aren't sure if people know what the hell were talking about : )...

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
:beer: Nicky
kicked butt and can get overall second place for the season if he repeats his performance in turkey & valencia and for evreyone that had doubts and said
this & that how about it now i wish i could change the word QATAR in that picture to PHILLIP ISLAND hat would be very cool GO NICKY

These words are of the official race report
Hayden’s plight to stay in touch with Rossi was hindered by a spirited performance from Honda colleague Marco Melandri, who came through from eighth on the grid to challenge for second place at the midway stage of the race. By the time Hayden had shaken off the Italian’s attentions it was too late for him to catch Rossi, despite clocking virtually identical times to the race leader over the closing laps.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
That was a good race, hope Nicky can keep it up the rest of the season, he is looking good.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
man... he was sooo close... but then again - he's trying to catch up to rossi
GO NICKY! now he's tied up for 2nd with melandri...

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
It was cool to see Nicky actually race for position rather than take an easy 4th-5th etc.

I liked in the race interview when Rossi admitted to running 100% trying to shake Nicky but he would still be there.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
matching time with ROSSI
BY The time Hayden had shaken off the Italian’s attentions it was too late for him to catch Rossi, despite clocking virtually identical times to the race leader over the closing laps.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Muzzy3226 said:

Not everyone likes the fact that Rossi sounds like Latka from Taxi either.

Tank you bery much!

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Pics

I just wanted to add two pics for now, the connection in this hotel is pretty slow.
Before the race parade

Early in the race

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hey John, looks like you got some good pictures from the race!

Sorry I did'nt call you yesterday to catch up for a beer at the track, but I left my phone back at our house, and only realised I did'nt have it when I got to the track.

Was still good to meet you on Saturday though. If you come down next year, let me know and I'll try and find you a bed in Cowes for the weekend.

Andrew.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats to nicky!~ That was a great race from him. For once my girl couldn't sit there and chant "fayden hayden" as the race closed.

And as much as I dont like ducati and Checa, it was great to see him out HP Marco to the line and give Hayden the tie for 2nd in the champ, for now.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Muzzy3226 said:
Everyone has something like that... Rossi and the "foh sure ees possible" for example. His grammar is actually good (especially for Kentucky). We all have to get on board because as of right now he's the only hope we have at a title (when the Doctor retires anyway)... at least until Hopper gets off the Slowzuki.

·
Registered
557 Posts
BDiddy said:
Not everyone likes the fact that Rossi sounds like Latka from Taxi either.

Tank you bery much!
Yes but he is doing the interview in English can Hayden do an interview in Italian. I think the comment about Hayden public speaking problems are right on Q. If you are going to be a sports star you need to understand that speaking to the media after events can make you look like a dumbass or make you look smart. Hayden needs a public speaking class. I'm not saying the guy is stupid. What he is doing for a living requires being a pretty smart person. Michael Jordan started out his career talking ghetto and his manager made him take a speech class.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts