Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
I might get flamed here, but I bought a good $12 fitness strap which secures my phone very well to my arm / forehand. I only glance at the phone at stop lights or stops where I'm safe and stationary. I use it primarily for the GPS. Works very well for me, and I can even hear the GPS lady speaking and guiding.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I might get flamed here, but I bought a good $12 fitness strap which secures my phone very well to my arm / forehand. I only glance at the phone at stop lights or stops where I'm safe and stationary. I use it primarily for the GPS. Works very well for me, and I can even hear the GPS lady speaking and guiding.
Hey, whatever works... Do you have a charger wired up though? I'd be weary of the cable coming from my arm like that and possibly getting snagged on a bar/lever or something.

GPS eats up battery life quick and when I'm using it, it's for longer rides. I have my charger wire coming out of the tank fairing, right by the damper. Plugs right into the phone by the stem mount and nothing to get snagged on.

·
Registered
190 Posts
RAM Mount center stem mount.. Depending on your phone and case, you can also check out Welcome to SlipGripCarMounts - Innovation in Progress for your specific phone/case combo in a RAM Mount style.. I never liked the X-Grip mounts.. I just don't trust them with a $700 phone (iPhone 6 Plus).. :)
The x-grip is plenty secure, my phone doesn't move at all in it. Hell, they have videos of it on MX bikes hitting the triples and it doesn't budge.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah I agree with the X-Grip, I use it with my iphone 6 and it never has looked like it was coming loose. As ar556 stated, they have used it with MX riders without issue. I would use it for trackdays, BUT I have to have it tethered in the event of an off; still trying to figure that one out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah I agree with the X-Grip, I use it with my iphone 6 and it never has looked like it was coming loose. As ar556 stated, they have used it with MX riders without issue. I would use it for trackdays, BUT I have to have it tethered in the event of an off; still trying to figure that one out.

Check out the lifeproof cases, they come with a spot in the corner for attaching a lanyard. You could probably rig up the one included or something a little longer if not. The case itself might even save the phone if you do happen to go down.

Otterbox and other cases probably have a lanyard spot too. The lifeproof is less bulky if you plan to use it other than just on the bike though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hey, whatever works... Do you have a charger wired up though? I'd be weary of the cable coming from my arm like that and possibly getting snagged on a bar/lever or something.

GPS eats up battery life quick and when I'm using it, it's for longer rides. I have my charger wire coming out of the tank fairing, right by the damper. Plugs right into the phone by the stem mount and nothing to get snagged on.
I don't use any wires and wish not to. Thankfully, the battery life on my phone is pretty good - Moto X Pure. I try to memorize and rehearse the directions beforehand, and I use the GPS as a guide when necessary.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts