3861 - 3880 of 3911 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Did this on my phone

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is anyone still photoshopping on this thread?? If so, I have a request, should be fairly simple. It is for my girlfriend's 05 600rr. The black is gloss black with all the factory decals. She wants cheetah print on the bike. Not too much, but not too little. For the first one, will you fill all of the indentions on the side and lower fairings with the cheetah attached. And after that, if yall come up with any ideas of another scheme with the cheetah, we'd like to see them as well. Keep in mind we are using vinyl, not wrap. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm having trouble opening the PSD files located in the OP of this thread. I get an error "Could not complete your request because it is not a valid photoshop document". I've tried re-downloading the files, extracting them and running them through CS4 and CS6 and I get the same error each time. Anybody have a work around?

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Does anybody think that it's a bad idea to paint the plastic that joins the fuel tank and the seat???

I'm looking into painting my bike like this:

I've seen some track bikes with that part painted... but not many street-bikes

Do you see any problem on painting that?? Maybe too much rubbing with my legs there???

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does anybody think that it's a bad idea to paint the plastic that joins the fuel tank and the seat???

I'm looking into painting my bike like this:

I've seen some track bikes with that part painted... but not many street-bikes

Do you see any problem on painting that?? Maybe too much rubbing with my legs there???
Apart from scratching the paint off with you legs, this is a matt piece so it will have a different look against the rest of the fairings. You may or might not like it, up to you :) i personally think it would look like the 13-14' 600rr and im not a fan of its look..

Maybe if you paint a clear coat layer over the yellow it will also help preserve the paint for a longer time and give it a gloss look

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Apart from scratching the paint off with you legs, this is a matt piece so it will have a different look against the rest of the fairings. You may or might not like it, up to you :) i personally think it would look like the 13-14' 600rr and im not a fan of its look..

Maybe if you paint a clear coat layer over the yellow it will also help preserve the paint for a longer time and give it a gloss look

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Well.... I'm taking her to a shop...

So that piece would get sanded and then it would receive the same paint as the rest of the bike...

But I'm not sure if the paint is gonna come off soon in that specific part...

Thanks for the input!

3861 - 3880 of 3911 Posts