Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

What would you do if confronted by a phsyco driver trying to run you over????

• Pull over and call the police

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pull up beside him and confront him

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I did a very stupid thing. Well, I'll be honest. I did several stupid things!! Here's the deal.

On my way home after work like any other day, I was heading south on US19 (34th Street N.) and had a run in with a Ford Excursion. This is a 3-lane highway (45mph) and I was in the far left lane behind traffic and he was in the middle lane riding some cars a$$. I had seen him weaving in and out of lanes and riding peoples a$$'s a few minutes ago and had an intuitive moment. Something told me to back off and don't get up beside this guy. I should have listened! No more than I get right beside his window (which was open BTW), here he comes into my lane no signaling SOB! I'm too far into his vehicle to slam on brakes so all I can do is gas the $h!t out of it, horn blazing, and move as far over as possible. Needless to say it was TOO damn close! He never even tried to miss me. He just kept coming. Needless to say I was PISSED!!!!!!! :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: Once I clear his front bumper I immediately give him the one finger salute and start cussing him out! And he knew it. He putches it and tries to run up my a$$! I gun it again and leave him going up the hill for my turn on 38th Ave. N. I'm almost to the turn lane with my signal on and I look in my mirror and here he comes again hauling a$$ and closing fast. He was trying to run me down. Delibarately! I had to swerve hard into the turn lane and he missed me by inches. Well f$%k that! It's on now!!! I fall in behind him and follow him for blocks and blocks. The whole time he's looking in his side mirror (the one he forgot he had apparently) and is cussing me?!?! What a f$%ucking phsyco!! He's pointing and yelling at some poor girl who's in the passenger seat like she's to blame. Well he knew he couldn't out run me so he didn't even try. He starts pulling into parking lots to try and loose me. When that doesn't work he tries to run me over again in the parking lots. He can't catch me. We stop for a few seconds and just stare each other down from across the parking lot. Then he gasses it again coming straight at me! I hit the street and do a U-turn back into the parking lot behind him. Now he's really pissed. He can't catch me and he can't loose me. I follow him for a few more blocks the whole time looking for a cop to flag down but never did see one. I finally loose enough of my anger to come to my senses. What if this SOB has a gun? He's driving a pimped out excursion heading to pimpville so I decide it's time to break it off and let him go.

So what's the lesson here?
1) When you see people driving radically like this weaving in and out of traffic, stay the hell away from them!
2) If someone cuts you off, DON'T give them the finger.
3) DON'T PLAY CHICKEN WITH A 10,000LB FORD EXCURSION DRIVEN BY A PHSYCO!
4) Get out of this kind of situation ASAP! The longer your in a confrontation like this the more likely you are to be killed or seriously injured.

I can honestly say that if I were any less of a rider you guys would be reading another post of "Rider down" or worse "Rider killed". And here's the kicker. After numerous times of reading his license plate #, 30 seconds after letting him go I couldn't remember the damn thing for nothing. I was too pissed and just wasn't thinking clearly. I hope everyone can learn from my mutiple mistakes on this one incident. I can only thank God I came out in one peice and unscathed. So because of my stupidity I took the bike away from myslef for two days.

My advise to everyone is just let it go. FORGET about your f$%king pride! You won't have it if your dead anyway. So just get out of the situation ASAP. Be safe and live to ride another day!

Tim

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just glad your OK...

I usually just go around them and leave thier ass..I dont play chicken with them though.. Cause people will run over your ass and blame it on you..Say u lost control and they ran over u..Its not their fault..THeir saying..

Even though they just ran straight over your ass..Especially if their is no witnesses...ANd in my case their wouldnt be any..MY LUCK!!

If I see an idiot swirving through traffic I will usually just get out of their way or if I am in a pissed off mood I will just gun it and they will never see me again!!

Majority of the time I just move over and let their a s s go on..I have grown out of that sh it now..I would like to live another day..

Take care and I hope u learned something from this..

·
Registered
62 Posts
:thumbup: on learning from your mistake. I have to be honest though, I probly would have lost my cool too. At least you came to your senses before it was too late for one of you. Worst thing is the guy had a passenger...that means he put her life in danger also...not just his own. Thats the real shame here. You just have to ask yourself...will beatin the guy's ass really do any good. The consequence would have probly been him either cussing out his woman for it or beatin her to make himself feel better. Maybe we should have a 600rr shitlist for drivers like this...just a thought :lol2:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
This story kind of reminds me of when I had a beer can thrown at me (which actually hit me) while making a turn just blocks from my house. I busted a U, caught up to them hoping they would pull over so I could beat the sh*t outta them with my carbon fiber knuckles. They never pulled over and I stopped chasing after they led me to this narrow, dark, twisty road which I wasnt familiar with. I backed out at that point.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had a experieance close to that but I thought the guy was drunk. I pulled into the store he did went in to buy a pack of smokes and he gets right up behind me at the counter all grining . I mean if he had been a women probably wouldnt have bothered me. I turned on him and told him to please stand back off me (at this time I could smell the liquer on him) and he just laughed and even started breathing his stinking breath on me. So I put my had on his chest push him back arms length and told him that was as close as I wanted him to me. He continues with "you dont want to put your hands on me again" then I say "if you get up on me again the next time I put my hands on you will be while Im beating your *** all over this store. He stays back I finish paying for my smokes go out get on my bike ease over to the edge of the parking lot and wait for him to come out. When he does I use my cell call the city cops give a description of the drunk and his truck and his plate #. Then Head out after he does not 3 mins later a city cop comes up on him and pulls him over. That right there gave me more satisfaction then beating him. :D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
For the first time in 18000 miles on this bike, I was faced with a similar situation yesterday. I think it's not just anger, I think when a cage gets too close to us, they violate a safety zone for us, anything that gets inside the zone, could kill us and that's the reason we get so upset/pissed when that happens. When we ride, we are always EXTREMELY on edge, more than a car driver, protecting that safety zone. But yeah, it gets you no-where to use violence as a means to an end, unless it means the end and then you better be sure you are in your right :mrgreen:

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
I would have lost it. I cant blame you for that. However, I never give the one finger salute b/c that automatically initiates hostilities. The key here is to not let him know you are going to do something crazy so he doesn't respond with something crazier. Especially since you will always lose why you are on your bike and he is in a car.

In my case I had a guy run me out of my lane and just keep going. He tried to leave me behind (stupid) but I maintained a good distance and confronted him at a light. It was a risk to do that but when I get infuriated I just react. I initiated a one way conversation :lol2: that seemed like it worked. Had the guy and his girl apologizing to me before it was over.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
TIM
glad you are ok man next time do like i do get out of dodge ( take off ) or simply pull over i value my life its a sick world man full of sick cagers

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rocknthe600, That's a great idea. I don't know how legal it would be to have such a list online but I can tell you it was a 2003-2004 black Ford Excursion with a luggage rack and a chrome "flame" style grill in the front. The guy was a black man about 20 - 30. I still don't remember the plate # though. And that frustrates me more than anything! I really wanted to prosecute that SOB and get him off the streets before he does kill someone.

malkavian, Good job for taking a drunk idiot off the streets! :thumbup:

powerranger, Very good point! Most of these ignorant cagers just don't understand why we get so pissed when they get to close for comfort. They think they can ride our a$$ just like a car not realizing that any little mistake could spell instant death for us.

havoc, "...when I get infuriated I just react."
I'm the same way and I'm sure a lot of other guys are too. And this is exactely why I knew that I had to post this thread. I wanted everyone esle to learn from my mistake and THINK FIRST before reacting no matter how pissed you get. I did think about it for a split second right before I started followiing him. But my anger wouldn't let me see clearly and overrode my better judgement. That's why the bike is parking! :lol2: It has nothing to do with me being scared to get back on. I'm just pissed at myself right now because I'm old enough to know better! :bitchslap:

moeman, No question about it man. I hope there isn't a next time but I'm still with reality. :mrgreen: GAS, GAS, GAS,...... :Vroam: Even if I get a ticket for 3X the speed limit. It's still better than going through something like that and risking everything!

Thanks for everyones input and support!

Tim

·
Registered
418 Posts
man i learned my lesson last may when i chased down a psycho that nearly killed me, long story short we pull into a culdesac and he pulls a U turn and rams my bike right after i had dismounted to go talk to him, then he backs up and comes towards me, clips my leg and slams straight into the downed bike, result, hes cited a misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon and 8500 dollars worth of damage to my former R6. What could i do? move on to a 600rr. Too bad all my gear is yammie blue and i have a red rr

·
Registered
262 Posts
Had a situation like that. But we were just out of high school. My friend and his cousin both had some pimped out mini trucks. I wouldn't have one, but theirs were nice. We were side by side at a light, and waiting to turn a sweeping left. We were talking to each other, I was a passenger, and the other truck had a passenger too. Green light- we begin to turn, side by side. Across the street is a right turn, yield to turning cars. This Van comes flying around the corner, and almost plows us into my friend's cousin. I can see the look on the man's face, and he thinks that we are somehow at fault, although we had nothing to do with him not yielding. I just shake my head, and my friend gasses it. So were driving thru town, getting ready to make a right turn, but were laughing, and flipping our friend and his cousin, he's bare assing us out his window. We let him get ahead of us to prepare for the right hand turn a little ways ahead. The van that we forgot about- gasses it like crazy, moves right along side of us, and merges right at us! He guns it, and catches my friend's nice grill, and bumper, which in turn makes us slam against a very tall curb. We run over his chromed out grill, and the guy makes a right turn. Jared's cousin sees this, and stops in the middle of the lane, preventing the van from going any farther. He jumps out, and immediately goes for the closest thing, which is the passenger door. He takes a couple swings, and I am backing my head into the drivers side, which too my surprise, was vacant- as my friend was already across his hood getting ready to pop this guy. I jump out when it is clear, and my friend and him start throwing punches. I yell over to the mini mart, and tell the girl to call the police. In that little time, my friend had hit him in the back of the head, and messed up his hand pretty bad. I had been boxing for a couple years, and never tried to impress, show off, or use those skills for anything but boxing. This motherfucker had me HOT!!! I blew it. I grabbed a hold of his hair, and pulled him from my friend. He almost tripped, and I hit him with a right cross into the side of his face. I still had some hair in my hand! lol.. he fell down and rolled back up. Here he comes charging at me!!! He ducked his head down and I caught it like a football, throwing him down, and against the side of my friend's truck. From there I looked like Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction. I knocked him a little silly, and started talking some sh1t about how stupid he is- BLAM!- don't got anything better to do? -BLAM! You piece of Sh1t- BLAM! all while he is laying against the tire and the ground. During all of this commotion.. I didn't hear the screaming out of the van. When I realized that it wasn't just this guy's wife, but also some children. I felt terrible. I never would have done that in front of the kids, but I guess they were looking out of the window of the van, and had seen it all. Then I got madder because this guy had rammed into our truck with his kids in the van. Needless to say- I think everyone her would have been as pissed as I was, but when it came down to it, he was a family man, and a regular guy, just like me. He had just got caught up in his anger. Every day I have to deal with my anger on the road, because it's work. But the thing that stops my temper, is my temper. If someone out there blows his top like me- he might not stop until he's broke my face, or something worse. Now I just smile when I get the finger, and wave like I didn't even know what happened. I still think about that doofy bastid who rammed into us- he bought a 'new grill and bumper', but it was junkyard new.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
snapitoff2004, You can edit the post if you wish to with the "EDIT" button in the top right corner of your post. But I didn't have a problem following the story. ;-) And you shouldn't feel bad about what happened. You had no way of knowing he was putting his wife and children in the middle of that situation. If you ask me he deserved a good a$$ kicking for putting his wife and children in jeopardy.
I mean, how did he know you guys weren't gang bangers or something and wouldn't pull out a gun and start filling that van full of holes! What an idiot to do that with his family! :bitchslap:

Tim

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK man what are trying to tell me?! Are you trying to tell me this thread is a bunch of balls? Am I supposed to throw them it at the next guy? Are you trying to sell me some balls? I'm more than a little lost here. :headscratch: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Tim

1 - 20 of 28 Posts