Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at BeaveRun with TPM for two days with a few buddies. Apparently the bumps got a lot worse from previous years, so it took a bit of getting used to especially since the last track we were at was the brand new Lightning. Anyway it was tons of fun, I was going back and forth with one of the guys pretty much the entire time both days. If one guy pulled away the only way to catch back up was to hope he hit traffic. Our second day there we ran a 1:04.85 with consistent laps that were within .01-.05 seconds.

Here's what I think is one of the most badass pics I've ever seen from a trackday. At first it looks like it's just me, but you can just barely see the tip of a helmet behind me. We're perfectly in line with the same body position and lean angle.

and one more with him in front

·
Registered
283 Posts
how is that track? i have been thinking of taking a trip up there but wasnt sure if it was worth it.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how is that track? i have been thinking of taking a trip up there but wasnt sure if it was worth it.
At first the bumps kinda threw me off, but if you just ignore them they aren't really that bad. If it was a smooth track it would easily be my favorite. As it is, it ranks up there pretty high. It's got some of everything and sweet elevation changes. It's a pretty tiring track though, even the straights aren't that straight with some highspeed kinks.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I like beaver. LOTS of grip. Not a bad track. I want to do VIR next year, heck maybe this fall if I could find someone to go with me.

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Brilliant picture man post some more and pm a couple to
paul46rider he will put you in the pictures rotation for the
Junkie of the Week thread that runs on the main page
and it features a rider on his fav track once a week

·
Registered
585 Posts
i'm doing my first trackday at BeaveRun on August 17th. With all the bumps you're talking about, did you adjust your suspension at all?

thanks. and nice pics.

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
beaverun is my home track (all 4 times) and its really fun with lots of grip, but not long like midohio, when did it get bumpy? lol... sweet pics and 1:04 is fast, i'm like 1:11 LOL

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like beaver. LOTS of grip. Not a bad track. I want to do VIR next year, heck maybe this fall if I could find someone to go with me.
VIR South is my fav course there, though I haven't done Full or Grand.
when did it get bumpy?
No idea, but I was told it wasn't this bad last year. I think maybe as we got faster the bike kinda just skipped over the bumps. :icon_lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts