Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to buy a truck so i can haul my bike to the track but i'm confused on what to get.

a) toyota tunda
b) toyota tacoma
c) Ford f-150
d) ride my a$$ to the track

and crap i messed up this poll...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm mostly concerned about the bed size on a full sized tacoma. those short beds will they fit a bike? or should i get a trailer.

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
Tundra. I go an '06 Titan but if I woulda waited a yr I would have got a tundra.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
250 Posts
i'm mostly concerned about the bed size on a full sized tacoma. those short beds will they fit a bike? or should i get a trailer.
I have an 07 Tacoma Sport doublecab longbed (6ft). I pull my trailer with it.

When I had to load my friend's R6 on the bed, I found out it was not long enough for me to close the tailgate. Other than this, I love my truck. It served me well when I was finishing my full basement.

Also, I think its small enough as a daily driver, while still being very capable.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Unless you're looking at a really short bed, just about anything will work. I've hauled an '03 and an '07 on several occasions in my Ford Ranger. It was the 'long bed' model, but the long bed for Rangers is 6'. Also to note, that was with a 2.5L I4 engine with 119hp.

Most trucks today are grotesquely overpowered. Not that it's a bad thing... I just think it's misleading to people who don't haul insanely large loads extremely frequently. I've also hauled boats, trailers with lawn mowers and ATV's... the usual.

That being said, it all comes down to preference. With a 6ft bed, you can haul an RR. Any engine will be powerful enough.

What else will you be doing with the truck? If you plan on doing winter driving, go for 4wd, or at least a limited slip differential in the rear. If you'll be doing just summer road miles, 2wd will do more than fine. 2wd's get better fuel economy and are cheaper to purchase initially.

I'd shoot for the Tacoma, personally. It'll be everything you need, with a smaller pricetag and better gas mileage. If you can get an I4, your wallet will thank you, too.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
the new tundras are pretty sexy. i'd have my way with one if i could afford it...maybe some day...

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
i used to like the f150's for their looks but after driving one around for a couple days i'm not really a fan anymore

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Toyota FTW! A couple of the track whores at the last TD couldnt keep their eyes off of my hauler. LOL! Check out my thread for more pics.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Tacoma!!!! I have an 08 taco dbl cab and the bike fits fine with the tailgate down and tacomas are nice reliable trucks.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts