Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my 600 last night... WOW!!! **UPDATED w/PIX**

So ladies and gentlemen, i am now the proud parent of a 2005 600rr. Its all black, bone stock and i think i'm going to keep it that way, minus the F/E kit which i will probably make myself.

Picture to come later today. Ohh yeah... guess who couldn't sleep last night after everybody was talking about getting their bikes taken from under their noses... I even went so far as to put the bike in my garage, throw a blanket over it, pull my jeep in essentially pinning it, then closing the garage door, and locking it from the outside...

overkill?

Peace gents, ride safe.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats man, I still remember how pumped I was when I got my RR last year. I remember it so well because I still get that feeling every time I go out to the garage and see it. The bike is just so perfect I can't get enough of it. Have fun and ride safe man...let us know how the first days of riding go!

Also...nothing is too safe! I'm ridiculous about my bike! When I take it out to clean it, I move all the cars in the driveway so that they block the line of sight from the road. Also if I'm driving near my house and I look in my mirror and see a bunch of punks in the car behind me...I'll just drive right past my street and turn around somewhere down the road. I moved out 2 years ago but I still keep my bike at my parents house 25 minutes away. If I ever have to leave the bike at my apartment for the night, I pull in well after midnight, park it between the super huge cruisers, and throw a cover on it right after I get off. Where I live the threat is minor but I don't care! Heh, so okay maybe I go a little overboard...but whatever :p

·
Registered
469 Posts
Not overkill at all.. I always park mine in the garage, and since its a small garage my car pins it anyways :p Just get insurance and dont worry so much

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
coskibum00 said:
overkill?

Peace gents, ride safe.
no such thing as overkill when guarding your bike.

i made the mistake of not putting full coverage on it, and paid the price.
but that was due to an accident, not to theft.

in any case....get FULL coverage, maybe even invest in a little camera/monitor setup. bike alarm, brake lock, chain lock...etc...

it's never overkill, guard it like your firstborn and treat it like your bitch.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
So you picked up that o5 man?? Sounded like you were gonna get it for a screamin deal too, congrats!! It turns out my dad isn't buyin my bike off me so i was gonna hit you up to see if you were still interested. Looks like you found a much better bike tho, nice work. Did you pick that gear up too? Let gets some pix man PIX!

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Congrats man and welcome to the best RR site.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blah blah blah, on my 8.1 mega pixel camera... going to down size so all of you who complan about large pictures don't have to scroll 3 feet to the right to view the entire picture. =)

I'll post tonight... ohh yeah, my 1 hr lunch break turned into a 2 hr cruise in the foot hills... it was b!tch!n

·
Registered
428 Posts
i have the 05 all black as well... and you stated about keeping it all stock..that will last a week and before you know it your maxing out credit cards with mods. stay safe!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey bud with a limitless Amex, and a 35k limit on my mastercard.... i could buy a few bikes. I see what your saying, but i just hope to God that i don't max any CC's out on "accessories".

C

Pix being loaded...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Pix of the bike... and one of the Girl friend... isn't she a hottie... what more could i ask for?

and the Beautiful girl... maybe a ring will come later this year

·
Registered
133 Posts
You should change ur signature as well to say that you own an RR.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There ya go. Pix up.. I uploaded ~ 200 pix last night and organized them. They just got filed into a sub-album.

Peace,
C

1 - 20 of 29 Posts