Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hi and tell you all that i'm extremly excited to be getting my new baby tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be decent and the rain will hold out :roll:

Just a question on riding her home, it will be during the day so plenty traffic, but the route home shouldn't be too bad. Is it too late to run her in hard if I go for a ride later tomorrow evening after the traffic as per "The Break-in Secrets website"? I'm still inclined to go for the manufacturers run-in recommendations, but I'll chat to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say about it. Any suggestions on how to do it?

I just can't wait to ride her already!! :p

Cheers
Dale

L

·
0 Posts
you gotta post some cool pics. congrats on the bike, the blue ones have definitely grown on me. i really like the color of the bike in the pics people are posting up.

there is still alot of debate on what break in method to use. i wouldn't discuss your plans with the honda dealer. if they know you ran it hard from the get go they might not be inclined to honor your warranty later on down the road if you need it.

enjoy your new baby and be safe :bounce:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! Hope the weather holds out for ya. And as far as break-in goes. I think we're split about 50/50 on which meathod to use. Just do whatever you feel best about.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The more I see that Candy Blue color, the more I love it. Congrats!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back to my office, decided against riding it straight home because I couldn't get a lift back to work :(! WOW! I am sooooo excited right now, I bet you guys know how this feels. Everyone just thinks I'm a bit nutty, but they haven't ridden a RR!

I didn't give it a good twist of the throttle yet, its only a few KM's to work from the dealership, maybe on the way home I will be able to! I'll post back later.

C

·
0 Posts
Rhino,
Congrats! Welcome to the board. Enjoy the bike.

South Africa huh? Did you move there or are you from there originally?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CorleoneRR:

I was born here, so were both of my parents. My grandparents (or their parents) came from Europe or Russia. I actually have quite a bit of family in the US, originally they were from Poland! Hehehe!

I'm going home now! YAY!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At last I have some pics for you guys! I've had the bike for a week, been having so much fun :) Managed to get caught in a huge rain storm yesterday, got soaking wet and so did my baby. It went fine today though, just needs a wash now!

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I see em, the bike is the TITS!! Love that blue...

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
man...its summer time there huh....
so this summer when we're all out riding it'll be winter time huh? what is the weather like there in the winter anyways?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CorleoneRR and Blade-Runner: I'm not sure why you aren't getting the pics, did they come up after a while? Maybe the server or line they are on was down for a while when you tried?

eazy e: Ye, its summer! We have awesome summers here for like 7 months! Winters here are pretty mild, the days usually are about 10-15 C (that's 50-59 F), although at night it goes down to about 0C (32F). We're definitely able to ride all year round!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I walked into the Honda shop to buy some gear (Riding jacket and gloves ) I glanced left and everything went fuzzy the last thing I can remember is the cop saying "SIR. STOP HUMPING THE BIKE!" its kind of fuzzy what happened but from the bits and pieces people told me apparently I spotted the blue RR and commenced to some wild animal dry humping on it. :?

Nah seriously though I did go to the Honda shop this weekend and I got to see the new blue RR. Although my body left my heart stayed with the RR.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts