Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you did it scare the first few times when you pick your feet up to take of. It still gets me. Just the feeling of lifting my feet scares the crap out of me.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah i am confused on what your trying to say??? do you mean as in you feel like your going to fall over when you take off?? as in your a new rider just learning how to ride?? or what :?:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I guess I can understand what your saying but I cant say Ive ever felt that way. When I come to a stop I always play a little game of trying to balance the bike without putting my feet down and then taking off, so I come to complete stop without putting feet or kick stand down, I can stay balanced for quite a few seconds and often green light will kick in and im gone. Guess some of us just balance well =P

V

·
0 Posts
I guess I can understand what your saying but I cant say Ive ever felt that way. When I come to a stop I always play a little game of trying to balance the bike without putting my feet down and then taking off, so I come to complete stop without putting feet or kick stand down, I can stay balanced for quite a few seconds and often green light will kick in and im gone. Guess some of us just balance well =P
+1

C

·
0 Posts
Everytime I lift my feet up it reminds me of Rossi and the commercial where he's in a car and opens the door and steps down at the stoplight.... I don't know why.... But back to your question..... I felt that feeling only once... when I drove away from the dealer for the first time... Now it's like second nature for me....

·
Registered
92 Posts
i had that, it was more of a feeling of giddyness/adrennalin than fear tho

·
Registered
937 Posts
VinRR said:
+1
+2

·
Registered
360 Posts
Actually, when I first started, I got that feeling once or twice, but once you start going, the bike will feel more stable, and you should be comfortable with picking your feet up... you don't want to be going down the street with your feet dragging!

·
Registered
140 Posts
jumbalaya said:
Actually, when I first started, I got that feeling once or twice, but once you start going, the bike will feel more stable, and you should be comfortable with picking your feet up... you don't want to be going down the street with your feet dragging!
Same here, for the first couple of times, it was akward just because I didn't know the bike that well. It was gone about the third or fourth ride.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've never felt that way. Perhaps it's cos the first bike I rode was at the MSF. I'm with wizard. It's almost a relief to be back in motion because that's when the bike is at its most stable state. The key is taking off nice and slow, not jerking abruptly. You should take the MSF.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I take off just fine. Its just the feeling of falling over when I pick up my feet. I just ignore it and go. I have had it out all day today. NO PROBLEMS either. Love the Jardine that I put on. Sounds awsome. Loving the bike. Will never sell either as suggested in a reply.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
ya'll need to leave him alone... we're here to help him out not to discourage him... and all he's trying to do is find out if what he's experiencing is normal... so if ya'll could please just ease up a little bit on the guy...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts