Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first off I know its not a CBR but.. I do own an '08 CBR 600RR but its back in TX. I'm in Hawaii working right now so since I can't ride my own bike obviously, I went out and rented this new R6.... I'll start off by saying I like my bike WAY better!!..
But I though you guys might like the pics anyway :)
here are some pics from my little bit of riding I have done so far today...(sorry for the crappy pics.. I didn't have my camera on me so I took these with my phone)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I hear there are not many good twisty roads in Hawaii?

C'mon man, give us a review of the R6

Pros/cons sorta thing. What you like and dont like

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
yea...Yamaha said they improved the low-end power with the new r6 since the previous generations were lacking in that area. I'd like to know whats up with that.

I like the way the new r6 looks but just not in that color you rented..all black is sick!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah, for some reason, the 08 R6 looks sex to me

I like the silver

If I didnt get the RR, it would have probably been the 08 R6 for me

That looks SO damn sexy to me!

·
Registered
222 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
:surprised You can rent a bike? Which company does that?

Pro: Nice fairing from the side.
Con: Muffler is not underneath the seat and the headlights look retarded. :tard:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
That silver is sexy! I have to admit though that depending on the angle the front end looks like a insects head.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
That silver is sexy! I have to admit though that depending on the angle the front end looks like a insects head.
haha a praymantis( if thats how you spell it) yeah any bike has its own bad angles, the rr has one that just killllls me everytime i see it

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
lol yea thats the insect I was trying to think of. That angle of the silver one above looks sexy though.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
haha a praymantis( if thats how you spell it) yeah any bike has its own bad angles, the rr has one that just killllls me everytime i see it

I don't know of one bad angle my 06RR has... lots of bikes may have a bad angle or two but I love every angle of the 600RR and 06/07 1000RR... just me tho!

oh, and Id have to agree that the R6 looks pretty sick but the whole praying mantis thing gets me too

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok just got in from a fullllll night of riding (its 4am here)
review huh ok well here it is... it looks cool... ok thats all the good.. now the bad
the airbox is loud as heck
the bike sits so tall that even I am JUST able to stand flat footed and I'm 6'1"
under 8k... NO POWER.. so if the R6 has been improved in that area... they must have been REALLY bad before.
I'm assuming no stearing dampener by the loosey goosey feel of it

all in all I was not impressed at all... but its a rental so i can't complain too much.. its better then not riding at all :)

TWISTIES!! OMG let me tell you about them.. they said oh yea Sandy Beach is the place to go (the name of the beach close to the "twisties" so we go through about 5 turns only 2 of which you needed to tuck and shift on the seat.. then we pulled into this little park..
I said.. was that it? they said yes.. I about fell out.. When we go ride Twisties in TX we go ride twisties... can do different roads for ever... Not so much here

Yes you can rent bikes here... most are mopeds and harely's but there about about 4 sport bikes total in Waikiki that you can rent.. this R6 being the newest *the others were like 01 R6 and a 04 gixxer 600

·
Registered
810 Posts
under 8k... NO POWER.. so if the R6 has been improved in that area... they must have been REALLY bad before

Wow, thats an improvement - used to be under 10,000...
7,500 just to pull away nicely

It gives you an eye opener to how good the CBR 07/8 really is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dude you need to clean your lens, in the right section the pics are much sharper and better looking then the rest. Just clean your lens next time before making pics ;)
oh wow you are right! I didn't even notice that!.. and.. i just looked at the lens on the cell camera.. WOW haha :five:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so I thought riding around on the bike was a cool feeling in Hawaii like you were just as free as you can get... these guys showed me that I was wrong.. THEY are having the time of their life

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok so now this is something you don't see every day so I had to take some pics
this is a pic of a custom set of wheels on an R1

we all know what this little short pipe means don't we :) BOOOST

and here is another view of it leaving.. its a 300 rear tire kit Tubro busa... NICE

1 - 20 of 28 Posts