Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would throw up some random shots from the weekend.

I ran B on Saturday with NESBA and managed to get my bump for Sunday.

Im open to criticism so flame away! :gun1: Sunday was my fourth track day so I have LOTS of work to do to get faster

I was running low 1:40's most of the day Sunday but missed two sessions and managed to squeak in a 1:39 towards the end

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
my peeve is babysitting the brake....hate when I see it. and you're babysitting the clutch too, or feathering it out?

try to get everything done before the turn and focus on corner entry, apex, and exit....babysitting the brake is the recipe for a panic reaction and subsequent lowside or standing the bike up mid-corner (big accident potential).

unless you're in a racing situation, let the brake go! focus on your line.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive heard that from a lot of people so far haha!

I used to race motocross and its an old habit of ALWAYS covering the brake / clutch. So far it doesnt affect my riding or movement, but i get **** for it all the time.

Im not actually on the clutch or brake at all... but eventually i will have to stop doing it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hey Nes, before you critisize the lever covering, you might want to work on the body position. Masha's is MUCH better than yours. Just my observation.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Hey Nes, before you critisize the lever covering, you might want to work on the body position. Masha's is MUCH better than yours. Just my observation.
bwahahahaha, i wasnt gonna be the one to say it. but yea...:+1::iamwith:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

haha thanks but ill take criticism from anyone! the more advice the better

i will most likely continue to cover my brake / clutch from habit, but i keep getting sh*t over it :retard:

·
Registered
155 Posts
haha thanks but ill take criticism from anyone! the more advice the better

i will most likely continue to cover my brake / clutch from habit, but i keep getting sh*t over it :retard:

If you keep doing it, it may just keep you from getting bumped up to (I) even if you have everything else going good for you.

With I groups faster speeds, that might look like the potential for an accident.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you keep doing it, it may just keep you from getting bumped up to (I) even if you have everything else going good for you.

With I groups faster speeds, that might look like the potential for an accident.

I'm definitely going to work on it but so far the cr's said it's fine. I actually already got bumped and am running close to mid pack in "I"

Next year you should come out and let me know! It's a great track

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
=)

that's a quick left-right at NJMP that you don't need to lean much for.

I've seen videos of me riding at NJMP....and I hang off for dear life.

My head is damn near at clip on-level nowadays. Took some pointers from Josh Herrin videos. But thanks for your concern...lol.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm definitely going to work on it but so far the cr's said it's fine. I actually already got bumped and am running close to mid pack in "I"

Next year you should come out and let me know! It's a great track

Missed that in the first post...:retard:

Update that sig....you still got the B in it...:spank:

Just make sure to do a variety of tracks if you can and don't set out to be an A guy on one track and B on all others.

I'm good with Mid-O, BeaveRun and Putnam.....but when I did Barber for the first time. I had to drop back...:cruising: Mid_O is technical, but I felt like I just learned to ride on Barber.

It was shamefull..:rip: That place kept your ass working.:cursin::cursin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts