Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never really wanted or felt the need for one of these, but after spending quite a bit of time on the new fireblades, i think its a nice cosmetic addition. These are probabaly old news to many of you, but thought i'd post for any newcomers.

Installation was easy, as long as you're comfy pulling the tank cover off. I don't have my gopro yet, so i'll post some vids of it in action soon.

It's very responsive, hardly any delay at all, it registers as soon as you start to let the clutch out to engage the next gear. As long as you dont have bad habbits of coasting with the clutch in for long distances you will have zero complaints. Never gives a false gear and the display is nice and bright. The unit is very well made, feels high quality all over.

Mounted it to the left side, felt it looked a bit cluttered on the dash, but i may move it later on if i feel like it.

photo hosting

imagehost

free photo hosting

photo share

image hosting more than 5mb

img upload

images upload

image hoster

image hosting without registration

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I had it on my previous RR and moved to the current one. fantastic unit.
I installed it where you put your but I am thinking about a special bracket somewhere to have it more visible near the gauge, let's see what I will figure out

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it on my previous RR and moved to the current one. fantastic unit.
I installed it where you put your but I am thinking about a special bracket somewhere to have it more visible near the gauge, let's see what I will figure out
Yeah it sure is a well made piece of hardware.

Nice, yeah i was thinking about some kind of bracket too, i've seen them mounted on the lower right of the gauge cluster and they dont look too bad, but it'll do for now where it is.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with also :thumbup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a great mod!

Would it fit if you dremeled a slot for it in that panel?
Hey mate,

Not sure which panel you mean, but im sure that it would be possible to do some custom dremel work to have it slot in anywhere you liked.

I'm still thinking of some ideas for brackets or other mounting places, will update this thread if i change anything. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I know Ahmed (AF600RR) had a gipro early on in his build thread. He made a bracket that came off the fairing stay and it looked pretty good. If I wasnt on my phone I would go to his build and link it for you..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts