Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pics - Just installed the Yoshi RS-5 (uploading sound comparison shortly)

Just put this on last night, not a difficult job if any new people were on the fence about it. Set aside a couple hours so you can take your time.

Don't lose or forget where bolts/nuts go, lay them out on a towel or something.

Impressions - Really like it, got a nice deep sound without sounding obnoxious. Really screams when you pass 7K. I've noticed it decreased engine breaking just a little, i really like this, just feels a little more free when shutting the throttle. As for power - i doubt anyone can really feel the 2-5hp, a lot of the time it will be in your head because it sounds meaner. But it really does make the ride more enjoyable, highly recommended.

Also i've only had the bike a month or so, before the chicken strip bandwagon rolls in, havent had a chance to ride it much due to working away.

Anyways here's some pics.

image ru

uploading images

photo sharing websites

windows 7 screen shot

image ru

host image

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same pipe n love it. U planning on doing an IT at all?
Yep, its pretty much the exact sound i was after.

Yeah I've been thinking about it, going to start looking around online this week. I took the lower flap under the license plate off with a dremel already, still needs the tidy. Going to make a bracket this week and mount the plate higher where the reflector is above it. Better than nothing, gives me something to do while i find the IT/tidy i want.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Glad you went with a pipe that actually improves performance and sounds good...not just obnoxiously loud. Looks real good there sir.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Prob gonna have to lower ur can when u get an IT. It sits right against the IT so u cant really see it

The other option is to shorten it. Makes the IT visible and looks better once the rear fender arms are gone. I felt mine looked too long and a bit odd sticking way out there on its own so I shortened it by 60mm. I'm so pleased I did.

It's an easy job and you can see the before and after pics in my build thread to judge for yourself.

There's also a how to thread on here with great instructions. http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=354009

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used mending plates from home depot to extend the mounting bracket for the exhaust to add clearance and visibility of the TST Industries tail light. Wasn't planning on a custom job but I'm pleased with how it came out.

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Looks clean, and lol dude...I think you're more concerned about your chicken strips than we are, must be a WA thing.

Where did you get the pipe from, and where?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks clean, and lol dude...I think you're more concerned about your chicken strips than we are, must be a WA thing.

Where did you get the pipe from, and where?

Thanks man, lol no concern of mine really, just tired of seeing threads with that kind of talk. Trying to find the time to get back to a track.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Looks great man! I really wish they made them shorter from the factory

1 - 20 of 23 Posts