Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to throw on a GPS and thinking about mounting it to the steering stem, but trying to pick your brains an get ideas. Do any of you guys have Pics of your GPS and the mounts?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I have seen some that mount to the rim of the Fuel Tank filler. They are supposed to be camera/gps mounts, and you run the wiring under the tank and up where the triple is. Very handy if your bike is your DD

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I have a GPS lap timer... lol does that count? lol

I made a mount out of aluminum... And bolt it to the HESD arm in the triple clamp...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Dont your supposed to watch the road instead of navigation? whatever floats; but all I saying is I have a time watching out for people driving then watching a gps for a city I should already know like the back of my hand!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont your supposed to watch the road instead of navigation? whatever floats; but all I saying is I have a time watching out for people driving then watching a gps for a city I should already know like the back of my hand!
I see your point. I don't plan on keeping my eye on the GPS though. But it is nice to have for some of these back roads that one is not familiar with, search features like food, gas, hotel, etc...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Here's Mine I'm using a tech mount euro bracket,

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
http://www.mountinginnovations.com highly recommend, and the price is excellent, and they are all interchangeable between gps, mobile, ipod, video camera etc etc and you can still have a ohlins steering damper on at the same time :)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
here is my service to mounts :)

http://www.mountinginnovations.com

RAM-B-342U
Steering Stem Motorcycle Mount $ 13.40 (goes in steering stem bolt tight)

RAM-HOL-AQ2U Medium Size Aqua Box - Waterproof $ 35.99 (worthwhile getting a aquabox instead of just a gps holder, as then you can place a ipod, iphone, mobile phone, keys etc etc in it watertight, and can also still use a touch screen if you have one through the waterproof cover it has)

RAM-B-202U 2-7/16" diameter base with 1" ball. $ 7.95 (connecting base for holder universal)

RAM-HOL-TO4U Holder for TomTom ONE & One Ver 2 $ 8.75 (price of a avg cradle for gps)

RAM-B-201U-A 1-3/4 inch Double Socket Arm $ 9.95 (best size as things fit under the screen, dont get a larger one as its perched too high)

RAM-KNOB3LU
Knob with Keyed lock & 1/4"-20 Brass Hole $ 19.25 (may seem a bit expensive i admit for this but it locks your pride and joy and your mounting gear but making it not being able to be loosened and taken off with, good thief deteration, and saves you taking the mounting gear on and off all the time)

Reactions: Reniel
1 - 13 of 13 Posts