Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Pics of How Much You Room You Need to Install Front Signals

1683 Views 23 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  overdraft
G
I had plenty of room just dropping the front fairing down a bit.

See less See more
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Man I wish you had posted this when I was putting my Greggs on. What a pain. Im just glad its over and done :smile: .
G
Yeah, it was a bitch putting the fairing back on.
Tell us....how many bolts do we need to take out???
G
sideout,
This is a great description by NJ600RR. It is exactly what I used to do it. The papers you see on the gas tank are a print out of that. Cheers to him for making that!
http://www.600rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7746
Perfect....thanks a million. going to put on the flushmounts and Yoyodynes next week.
G
sideout,
Nice, good luck. YoYo installation is pretty easy too. The signals aren't bad...the real tough part is putting the front fairing back on. Getting the ram air lined up is a pain. Post some pics when you're done.
Will do....Waiting for Wizard to respond to help with the light install
CorleoneRR i love your new signals. They are so sharp looking.
G
Cummo,
Thanks. Definetly makes a big difference.
what signals are those? did you dremel the fairing to mount them or do they fit right on?
G
Those are the Motrax Micro Arrows. No dremel at all. They fit on nicely. I used Indy Spacers as well.
I've got the same signals... you can do the job WITHOUT removing the upper fairing, just the lowers. It's a bit fiddly but it can be done, and it's just gotta be easier than removing the upper!
overdraft said:
I've got the same signals... you can do the job WITHOUT removing the upper fairing, just the lowers. It's a bit fiddly but it can be done, and it's just gotta be easier than removing the upper!
No way out of it... but just so you know I find it easier to remove the entire upper fairing if you plan on soldering the connections. The front signal wires are:
Green - ground
Solid color - running light
Stripe color - turn signal

Motrax wires:
Black - ground
Stripe - turn signal

Good luck.
Lookin good! Just a thought Corleone, pick up some 2in grommets at Lowe's or
Home Depot for those slider holes. Trust me, It'll give your already awesome
bike a much cleaner look. Jus my opinion though:)
G
NightRRyder,
The grommet thing has been suggested. The holes really dont even bother me at all. I'm pretty anal about that kind of stuff, but the cut is clean, so I am happy with it. Maybe at some point I'll throw the grommits on there.
me and my boys here in san diego got the same ones. they look look real trik on my black one. try looking into the rear peg LEDs for the back to go along with that. real nice. will posts pics as soon as i figure out how :D
G
Judd101,
I have the passenger peg LEDs. lol
LP sells dual filament signals (shirt stalk V) that are more or less the same arrow shape. that way you still have running lights for the front. i went for black body with clear lenses.

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/pages/product-sub3.asp?id=137

grommets are the way to go. :banban:

See less See more
yzedf, Clean job! man i wish mine looked that good
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.