Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Jonathan, originally started with modding cars so big in the sport compacts before it got really mainstream (pre-Fast and the Furious)... Though modding cars is or was really expensive and I dug myself into some serious debt (last car was a 04 Nissan 350Z that was boosted, single turbo'd set-up)... So I had to stop before it got even more out of control, so I sold my last car and bought my friend's SV650S about a little over a year ago and been riding ever since... Even in shitty weather, a lot of cold, and some wet haha.

I love riding, and I wish instead of wasting all the money on modding cars in the past and if I could have just bought a bike when I was 17 years old man the money I could have had in the bank account today.
Anywho sold this...

2001 Suzuki SV650S

645cc V-Twin
Pretty much stock except for these...
Pirelli Diablo Strada Tires
Galfer Front Brake Pads
Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windshield
Micron stainless steel full race pipework with polished aluminum round race silencer
Motosliders Frame Sliders

And now I am the proud owner of this!

2003 Honda CBR600RR

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

599cc Inline 4
Just bought with this already installed...
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT
TwoBros Slip-On Exhaust
EBC Brake Pads
Power Commander
Speed Healer (adjust speed for different sprockets)
Vortex Rear Sprocket
Vortex Chain
Flush Mount Turn Signals
Fender Eliminator

And boy I thought the SV650S was fun, this CBR REALLY is fun with such great handling and comfort... Acceleration is INCREDIBLE!!! Love that fuel injection!

-Jonathan-

·
Registered
105 Posts
nice bike some good pics to

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Sweet bike pictures sweet looking hood too

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
nice bike man. u must be asian coz i can't see ur eyes!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, pictures were mostly taken by a good friend with his new camera he is still learning how to use.

Also I am half Korean, hence my look :confused3

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Get some boots. Tennis shoes are usually the first thing they find at an accident scene... NOT near the body.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sweet Ride... Good choice on the move up to the rr. Welcome to the site

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmm... Since I can't easily quote ya'll I will have to do it this way...

MXRider - Yeah man the EVO MR is badass stock, and just with some bolt-ons... Up the boost some and a tune can make some really impressive power to the wheels.

Sooperman12 - Yep already have a couple pair, Icon and Joe Rocket... Thing is I wore boots pretty much all the way up to now. I know, I know not smart if I go down but honestly just for some around town riding and going to work more comfortable then boots.

I know sounds bad, and not the smartest thing to do so I figure with my riding in regular jeans... That Icon vest on warm-hot days, they all fall into my "not smart" for riding gear :icon_lol:

Nokhie - Thanks!

Chadandy12 - Thank you sir, and no offense taken... Peking was originally a name given to me from a guy trying to make fun of me (Peking Duck originally, which is a Chinese thing and I am half Korean), which eventually cought on to just Peking. I guess I grew to know it as much as my regular name :rocker:

Hundred Plus - Thanks and yeah the Scorpion helmet is freaking great... Gonna get another one, my other current helmet is a Icon and it doesn't even come close with comfort and non-foggy'ness.

DragOnDragger - Thanks folk, funny for the longest time folks I came across would dog on the CBR's and I figured they are bike guys who must know what they are talking about. But then I started doing some research and lurking on the CBR forums and figured no big deal in getting one for myself. Very glad I did, anything happens to do this one I am getting another Honda CBR!

·
Registered
422 Posts
It sucks how much of an addiction CBR's are. I rode to a job site today having to traverse an old rutted WW2 runway and then a clay road, just for the 20 miles of nice curvy hwy. Welcome.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It sucks how much of an addiction CBR's are. I rode to a job site today having to traverse an old rutted WW2 runway and then a clay road, just for the 20 miles of nice curvy hwy. Welcome.
Wow, so to get to the job site you went through a old WW2 runway then clay noice and also thanks for the welcome.

Chacier - I am 5'8, slightly taller when I wear boots ha. Actually I sit higher on the CBR then I did on the SV. With the SV I could easily place my feet down flat and on the CBR I need the boots to do so but that is ok... I have known a smaller Asian guy who would only be able to plant one foot while having the bike lean at stops and what not. Having to use the throttle to get the bike going since he was not able to reach the ground with both feet... That was a guy who really loved to ride :icon_lol:

600RRyder1 - Thanks folk!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts