Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Pics of your 600rr Race / Track Bike

315K views 1K replies 421 participants last post by  dannoxyz 
#1 ·
Thought it be interesting to get pics of the people's race bikes and track bikes.

Looking for some paint schemes ideas.

#7 ·
pastpob said:
Coyote,

Damn those are some nice Marcheshini's! Does it make a huge difference at the track??!! Oh no, I must resist...willpower! :roll:

H
My first trackday with them was at Buttonwillow. I did notice quicker acceleration. I had to stay on the tank to keep the front end down on some corner exits. It flicks side-to-side much easier too.

#15 ·
massiveattack said:
Neil Wassup man. Like the black. Are those Sharkskinz? How do you like the fit? I've been hearing and seeing the big diffrence in the two.
Sup Jeff,

Yeah I paid the extra dough for the sharkskinz. The guy who sold them to me said he had hotbodies and wished he got the sharkskinz. He said the hotbodies didn't paint too well. He also didn't trust their crashability. (Is that even a word???) He basically sold me on the Sharkskinz, claiming they had better fit, paint readiness, and "crashability".

As for my own experience with them, I only have the stock plastics to compare the fit to, but the Sharkskins fit pretty nice. The tank cover doesn't slip on as nice as stock does but that would be my only gripe about them. I wish the stock plastics had D-zuz fastners though.

The paint was done by XtremeFX (he's on BARF) he shot it in a day. Unfortunately, it looked nice only for one track day! I lowsided it at Thunder Hill. They crashed well though! The left and the tail took the most damage. The left side is rashed, and the tail folded, and the tank cover got dented in. But all I had to do was hammer a few dents out and throw on some duct tape and they fit just the same. I used black duct tape and now it just looks mean. HOW"S THAT FOR A PAINT SCHEME? Almost as ghetto as ST! Here's a pic of the other side:

I'm liking the Arata pipe. It's a full Titanium. I think the whole thing weighs 9lbs.. Dan Kyle claims the wider design of the S-bend up-pipe helps the pipe to find a little more power. I do feel more ponies in the mid to high range, compared to when I had it stock. Sounds decent too. I love the sound it makes during blips and downshifts.

So what's the story Jeff? You riding a Honda or a Kawi??? Both? Are you racing this season? You must be scoping out the competition...I'm holding off racing another year or so. This past year I tried riding in A group and found it was a humbling experience. One of your pictures is broken BTW.

#17 ·
dam man. sorry to hear about your lowside. glad to hear you came out of it ok. thill lately hasnt been really kind to me either. ill tell you about it sometime when the season opens back up.
--
im really hoping to pick up ST's bike and get it cleaned up. Right now he's running hotbodies and a stock system - Bike's pretty much set up to race. Just needs a few things - Rearsets, Case Covers , Safety Wire and a few minor things here and there. He's a real buddy to be hooking me up with all the drama on BARF.

But if and when I get the bike I wanna learn more about all mods you can do for it.... I hear the Arata is an awesome pipe. If funds permit I'm going to try it out after I get a paint job - (For some reason I can't really vibe with the paint scheme).

Anyway bro -- Email me sometime - let me know where you'll be riding - hopefully we can ride a few sessions together @ a trackday.

*I fixed the pic.. nothing really worth bragging about. lol.

---btw// I got my first paint job from Mike too, on my gixxer. He's pretty cool, is he cheaper now?

#18 ·
Barber is awesome. We drove 20 hours to get there and I WILL be doing it again this year. When you pull in you think that you took a wrong turn and went into a country club.

The facilities are very nice. The track is the nicest track I have ever ridden. Technical ......you plant your puck on turn two for what seems like 6 seconds........Barber and Laguna are the two "must do" tracks in the US. Now I just have to ride Laguna.

#19 ·
BigTuna said:
Barber is awesome. We drove 20 hours to get there and I WILL be doing it again this year. When you pull in you think that you took a wrong turn and went into a country club.

The facilities are very nice. The track is the nicest track I have ever ridden. Technical ......you plant your puck on turn two for what seems like 6 seconds........Barber and Laguna are the two "must do" tracks in the US. Now I just have to ride Laguna.
I've done Laguna. Being out here in the Bay Area, it's only an hour away. I liked it. The corkscrew is amazing. It's like your turning off a cliff. After a few sessions you get used to it. That track has so many elevation changes. Turn one, you crest a hill at 120mph and your balls are in your throat not only becuz of the hill but you know you got to get ready to face turn 2 the Andretti hairpin. Laguna is fun, but it's not my favorite. I guess it scares the **** out of me, it wasn't easy to go fast there. I'd do it again, but I prefer Sears Point. I just had more fun there for some reason.

#22 ·
Coyote said:
massiveattack said:
Neil Wassup man. Like the black. Are those Sharkskinz? How do you like the fit? I've been hearing and seeing the big diffrence in the two.
I've got the sharkskinz on my sv650 race and hotbodies on my RR. Hotbodies pays contingency money (not much but anything is good) and they look good but fit is definitley a little bid tougher and you may need to bend and adjust appropriatley. But in the big picture the hotbodies are quality, I reprimed them before I painted them and it came out really good. I'll post pics later of it. The hotbodies are much thinner than sharkskinz, if money were no object then sharkskinz, however it is and I'm going to stay with hotbodies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.