1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 11/16
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright I'm gonna start this off...

Year, Make, Model: 2001 GSXR600
Date Purchased: May 2004
Why you sold it: Got a brand new 2005 GSXR 1000 (I still don't know why)

Even did the 954 tail light mod.. old school Devil high mount.. yesssss

·
Registered
7,045 Posts

1999 Suzuki SV650. Sold it two years later to get a 600RR, because I tried to be like the cool kids in Florida and have a supersport. I loved my 2005 600RR, but honestly I bought it to be cool. I don't regret selling this bike, and in fact sold it for $100 less than I bought it for, but it was definitely a solid bike.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts

Year, Make, Model: Honda CBR600RR 2003
Date Purchased: Around 2008
Why you sold it: Got the 07.

I loved that engine!.. A month after selling it, it's new owner crashed it and the bike ended up in the trash!

·
Registered
903 Posts

Year, Make, Model: Honda CBR600RR 2003
Date Purchased: Around 2008
Why you sold it: Got the 07.

I loved that engine!.. A month after selling it, it's new owner crashed it and the bike ended up in the trash!
Beautiful! Bought a yellow one just like it in July of 2003. That was a total game changer at the time. I even had a deposit down on a new Duc 749. While waiting for delivery I saw the 600RR in my local dealer & it changed my mind immediately.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Beautiful! Bought a yellow one just like it in July of 2003. That was a total game changer at the time. I even had a deposit down on a new Duc 749. While waiting for delivery I saw the 600RR in my local dealer & it changed my mind immediately.
I still think she was a beauty!

Still diggin the 03-06 looks, simple lines but perfect...

I miss that engine, it had nerves, on the 07 things are easier and more dull...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Only have one pic of it left. Ya know when people used to use film?

Year, Make, Model: 1988 Yamaha YSR50/80
Date Purchased:1991
Why you sold it: Moved across country. Didn't want to sell it but didn't have room to take it. Thing was sooo much fun. If you don't understand the saying it's better to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow you've missed a lot when it comes to learning to ride. That thing had an 80cc kit, Toomy chambers, and would do 70mph max downhill in a full tuck with a strong wind at your back. Still so much fun. 2 stroke powerband. Short wheel base. 12" wheels. 160ish lbs. All had you dancing on the shift lever like you were Wayne Rainey and hoisting it on it's back wheel out of corners still partially leaned over like you were Kevin Schwantz. You may have only been going 20-30mph but felt like a GP hero.

My consolation for selling that bike after I moved.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Year, Make, Model: 2015 Honda CBR300R

Date Purchased: Around November 2014

Why you sold it: Car at stop light decided to reverse into me as he had a last minute change of mind to switch to the next lane over which turned left. Of course, he stated that he didn't see me. After this incident, I thought it was time for a change. Traded it in for current '14 600RR. I'm still a fairly new rider with about one year and 10k miles of combined riding experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
Year, Make, Model: 2007 Kawasaki VN900 Custom
Date Purchased: December 2007 - Just passed my full bike test and wanted something shiny, cool, loud and with enough torque to have fun, but not crazy power to kill me :D
Why you sold it: Started going on more progressive rides with the Institute of Advanced Motorists, and I was dragging pegs round most bends... it just wasn't an 'accurate' a machine as I wanted, so I bought the RR4 in '09 and sold the Kawi in '10

·
BOTM Winner 11/16
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice bike! That rear tire is huge!

Year, Make, Model: 2007 Kawasaki VN900 Custom
Date Purchased: December 2007 - Just passed my full bike test and wanted something shiny, cool, loud and with enough torque to have fun, but not crazy power to kill me :D
Why you sold it: Started going on more progressive rides with the Institute of Advanced Motorists, and I was dragging pegs round most bends... it just wasn't an 'accurate' a machine as I wanted, so I bought the RR4 in '09 and sold the Kawi in '10

·
Registered
433 Posts
though my brother and i shared multiple dirt bikes before this, this was the first bike i had bought with my own personal savings when i was a kid.
1995 KTM 250EXC bought in september 2004. sold it late in 2005 because i bought a 2003 250sx

·
Registered
620 Posts
Nice bike! That rear tire is huge!

Thanks!
It was a 200-70/15 Avon. The standard size was 190-something, but it left a huge arch gap. Quite a few people in the US went for a 200 to correct the speedo error, so I did the same when I needed a replacement.

There were a few who put car tyres on the rear instead though... said it didn't affect the handling much!
Lunatics! :retard:

·
NEWB
244 Posts
Year, Make, Model: 2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Date Purchased: DEC 2008 (with 1,004 miles.Practically brand new because the women got pregnant and never rode it)
Why you sold it: Parted it out after I got a hold of a 2009 R6.

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
Year: 2007 cbr 600re
Date Purchased: Nov 2012 with 7k miles
Reason Sold: Totaled it on the highway while not paying attention to what was go in on in front of me and panick braked.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Year: 2007 GXSR-600
Date Purchased: March 2015
Reason Sold: High-sided at the track my second track day out...totally my fault as I thought I had enough skill to slowly grab the front brake and correct my line mid-turn/full lean somewhere between 60-70 mph. Walked away uninjured and rode the bike off the track in fact...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts