Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pics of me, the wife, and the bike.

Attachments

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
cool. looks good man.

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
buy yourself and the wife some motorcycle boots bro you
wont regret it

·
Registered
150 Posts
awesome bike man, the silver is so sexy...

on a side note, in your opinion, how drastically does the RR's dynamics change with a passenger...I have yet to ride with one (have been intentionally keeping myself away from it so far)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
SeteGibernau said:
awesome bike man, the silver is so sexy...

on a side note, in your opinion, how drastically does the RR's dynamics change with a passenger...I have yet to ride with one (have been intentionally keeping myself away from it so far)

Its A LOT diffrent. .. as with every bike. . . PRACTICE before u hit the streets. . .

·
Registered
126 Posts
riding with a passenger is a LOT different since they sit so high. bike is much harder to flick around. I always take it pretty easy since I am responible for another life.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
millcityrider said:
Its A LOT diffrent. .. as with every bike. . . PRACTICE before u hit the streets. . .
Totally, everything about how the bike handles will change.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our bike. We bought it to share it. We'll be buying another soon though.

As for riding with a passenger, it changes quite a bit. My wife is a real good rider though, leans well, so I dont feel wobly, just much more heavy. Cant take off real fast, front end comes up easier with the xtra wieght on the back. Cornerings a little different too, center of gravity changes with so much wieght up high on back. you just have to ride less aggresive, otherwise something will happen. and always be aware of what your passenger is doing: not holding on tight=dont accelerate hard (duh), twisting around=tell em to stop, etc.

Riding with her on the back made me a much better individual rider though. The bike is much easier to handle with just me.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
maybe it's just me because i never bothered to set up the rear spring for a passenger cause I usually only road my g/f around the parking lot... but it feels like a tank compared to normal... I just hate it. I'm sure it would be a little better if I adjusted the pre-load in the back but damn it just feels like I'm driving a bus.

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
at motogp there was that crazy bugger randy momola (or something like that) tearing around laguna seca at 160 mph w/ a passenger on the back.

and these were celebrities that don't know chit about riding, not professionals who actually know how to lean on the back...

·
Registered
623 Posts
I got an E-ticket at Thunderhill track north of Sacramento, and it was a blast, but the pass does have to know what to do... In my case, my rider, was DA BOMB and wheeling at 170 mph was SIC!

Everything depends on experience, knowledge and equipment (including gear!)

·
Registered
877 Posts
nice.. thanks for sharing... +1 on the gears and maybe some riding pants as well.. mesh or textile is a lot better than jeans..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts