Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
From what I heard that post count is changing. admins/mods are to be voting on it. It's at 100 or something obscene like that. Do you not see all the threads of new members that can't post in any other section and are trying to find out how they can get post replying to their own new member thread because that is the only place they can post? That is ridiculous to have new members not be able to post a thread after an intro has been done. You are PUSHING members to go to facebook and ask the question and get an instant answer. People come on this forum because there is so much info on here. I feel like I am an admin trying to smooth things over for the new members and trying to relay info to them because there post aren't being seen and/or responded to.

·
30,000 pounds of bananas
919 Posts
Hi there,

I made the change where users can reply to other users post in the intro section.
It might've been set this way to prevent spam from coming into the site, or users who simply just want to sell and buy on the forum.
I loosened it up a bit.

Please let me know if the users are still having issues with this.

Ed

·
30,000 pounds of bananas
919 Posts
that might have been put there to prevent vendors from advertising in the areas they're not suppose to. you can always send a PM to a them if you need to reach out to the users.

Lee

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
What happened to the gallery ?

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
The gallery is not viewable at all as if it was wipped out

·
30,000 pounds of bananas
919 Posts
Hi there,

Just tested this and the gallery seems to work.
I used Chrome/WIN10 on the Full skin.
Are you on the classic skin? maybe switch it to full and see if that works?
You can change it on the bottom left corner of the site.

Ed

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Hi there,

Ed
Tried the other settings still no changes & please do me a favor delete my account at triumph675.net ( identical user name as here ) i do not own a Triumph any more i deleted my gallery albums as well same issue as this forum thanks

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Can we know what the "RULE" is for new members? Why can't new members post in other section for set time/post count? How are they going to get post by replying to other new members in the new member section, this whole section is just full of question after question of how they can/can't post in what section and certain threads.

https://www.600rr.net/vb/79-new-members/

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hi there,

Ed
Might not be what moeman is talking about but click on someone else's images in there avatar. No images are there just links and labels.

·
30,000 pounds of bananas
919 Posts
Can we know what the "RULE" is for new members? Why can't new members post in other section for set time/post count? How are they going to get post by replying to other new members in the new member section, this whole section is just full of question after question of how they can/can't post in what section and certain threads.

https://www.600rr.net/vb/79-new-members/
Once each of those posts is cleared they get access to the rest of the site.

Might not be what moeman is talking about but click on someone else's images in there avatar. No images are there just links and labels.
Even that displays correctly for us, can you screenshot what you are seeing?

Kyle

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Who is "clearing the post"

Have you seen new member section? Admin hasn't posted there once. Mods don't know what the ruling is on this so they don't know what to do.

There are multiple post with "ADMIN" or I CAN"T POST ANYWHERE OTHER THAN HERE in the title and not one has been addressed. "team leaders" are saying this is being voted on and changed but no seems to know what the real rule is or what is being done to resolve this?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Here, I picked one of yours in the gallery. This is what I see.
No picture. I have done it in all formats. I don't see any pictures in any gallery.
bikecrash3.jpg
bikecrash3.jpg
Description
User Administrator
Category Member Personal Galleries
Date 09-19-2011 09:24 AM
Views 299
Dimensions 720 x 540
Filesize 52.1 KB
Replies 0
Last Post Never

·
30,000 pounds of bananas
919 Posts
Hello,

The 100 post rule has been disabled. Once a new member introduces themselves in the new member section of the site, they will be able to post elsewhere.

Cheers,

Danniella

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
THanks for this. Can you fix it where I can see pictures on the gallery?

·
30,000 pounds of bananas
919 Posts
What happens when you try to view images in the gallery? I visited it and found the images are working there for me. I am using Chrome at the moment on a Win 7 computer. How do you typically access the forum when you encounter this issue?

Cheers,

Danniella

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I can use mozilla, chrome and the same thing happens. There aren't images in the gallery, there is nothing there but descriptions of the gallery

Not to tell you how to do this but do you have a "new" account with "new" member credentials so you can see this? I am sure your account works on everything. You have all the boxes checked and can see the whole site. You have a Mod saying he can't see the gallery either, it's not just me. You and Kyle are both signed in under administrator your post count doesn't change when you post, you both share the same pictures in your gallery.

Sorry if I am coming off harsh but me being a person that pays to advertise on this forum and for me to have to talk to 5 different people to get the new member issue figured out after 2 months since the change over I am pretty pissed off!! I have wasted time on this forum talking to members trying to get the problems figured out and resolved and I shouldn't have to do this.

If you go in "your" gallery can you see this picture? I don't see a picture, I see this instead. The whole page is filled with different picture info

bikecrash3.jpg
bikecrash3.jpg
Description
User Administrator
Category Member Personal Galleries
Date 09-19-2011 09:24 AM
Views 299
Dimensions 720 x 540
Filesize 52.1 KB
Replies 0
Last Post Never

·
30,000 pounds of bananas
919 Posts
No worries. I understand your frustration as a vendor on the site and would like to get this sorted ASAP for you and all other members of the site. Thank you for helping us crack down the issue. Can you link me to the page where you see that. I look at my galleries and I have two now. One has an image of a bear, the other a cat.

Also are you using any extensions on your browser? I tested the site on Chrome and FF with my account and the gallery worked for me. I have also created a test account to mock yours. It has all the same groups and permissions as your account and I did not encounter the same issue. Would it be possible to share your log in info with your Rep so I can test your account. I primary work on our vendor reported issues so I know Dennis had reached out about the issues you have been encountering. If you like I can give you the log in details for my test account to see if you can see these images with my test account.

Cheers,

Danniella

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 48 Posts