Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode to work the other day, and when I got there I took a look at my bike and noticed something looked wrong.

I could clearly see my headers from the left side, where I used to not not be able to see them. Upon closer inspection it looked like a piece of my fairing broke off without me realizing it. I have no idea how long I've been riding around like this.

Take a look. I assume I hit a bump of some sort, or it came loose and hung down and got hit. Oh well I guess. Its hard to notice it anyway.

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
If you never felt something when riding, maybe someone hit your bike without knowing? That's a pretty big chunk of fairing that came off to not notice.

·
Banned
280 Posts
Yeah.. seriously! no way in hell you didn't notice it if it did come off while riding.... you would have **** when it popped off

·
Registered
29 Posts
Or someone else cut it out while you were inside somewhere because THEIR fairing broke off, and they decided it would be best to use some glue and and cut fairing.

...or maybe you just didnt notice. Either way that blows man.

·
Registered
809 Posts
same thing happened to me brother....at the exact same place...just on the right side....only thing is I heard it when mine snapped off....don't judge me...but I was going about 140 and heard a deafening "pop"....I just got around to ordering my flat black lower a few weeks back...apparently I forgot to attach the lowers to each other underneath the bike....and the wind took half my damn lower....needless to say I have been through what you're talking about...best of luck getting a new lower!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha funny....when I purchased the bike the fairings were missing a bunch of bolts and screws. I had the two lowers zip-tied together but recently changed my oil and I guess I forgot to re-zip-tie them together.

I guess that's what happened to me too. Needless to say I will be ordering a complete fairing bolt kit from bike bolts.com, after I get a new lower fairing of course.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Or someone else cut it out while you were inside somewhere because THEIR fairing broke off, and they decided it would be best to use some glue and and cut fairing.

...or maybe you just didnt notice. Either way that blows man.
Im with relay. Some gromlet with sheep shears cut it and krazy glued it to his 250r

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
New helmet question

Ok i got a new helmet that fits and isnt loose. Todat when i rode, i coukdnt hear my loose chain that needs replaced. Sooo does tht go with the whole i dont see/hear it so its not there thing? Is my chain good for another 20k miles?

Also i believe my helmet adds 17hp and 7.2 lbs of torque.

Anyone else buy a performance helmet like me instead of those "stylish" helmets?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What positive contribution did you make to this site with that post?

Oh and you don't need a performance helmet. You get a "stylish" one and put a helmet mohawk on it. Instant HP boost

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Ok i got a new helmet that fits and isnt loose. Todat when i rode, i coukdnt hear my loose chain that needs replaced. Sooo does tht go with the whole i dont see/hear it so its not there thing? Is my chain good for another 20k miles?

Anyone else buy a performance helmet like me instead of those "stylish" helmets?
Dyno charts or i call BS...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts

Haha my bad. That was supposedto be a new topic lil. I was wondering where it went.

Ima dyno it tonight on my treadmill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts