Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That is what happened. Should I get it fixed or will it be alright? How many other mounts are still holding the motor?

The piece that broke off is the pinch bolt ( piece by the front wheel, not towards the rear wheel ) frame part.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
should be OK without. the main support is on the opposite side

when I tore my bike down to swap frames, that bolt was missing altogether lol

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn.. well thats good for me and bad for you. No offense, just saying. Well actually its bad for me and good for you because all you have to do is put a bolt back in.

now back to the situation, you say your bolt was not in at all right? Ok, but you still had the motor mount bolt in correct? Just not the pinch bolt in? Or did you not have the motor mount bolt in at all. And the main support is the one directly across from the one I broke? or is it on the left side like underneath the motor?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
damn.. well thats good for me and bad for you. No offense, just saying. Well actually its bad for me and good for you because all you have to do is put a bolt back in.

now back to the situation, you say your bolt was not in at all right? Ok, but you still had the motor mount bolt in correct? Just not the pinch bolt in? Or did you not have the motor mount bolt in at all. And the main support is the one directly across from the one I broke? or is it on the left side like underneath the motor?

there was no pinch bolt OR mount bolt on that side. Directly opposite of that mount is the main support. Yes, its the one directly across, in the same part of the frame, on the opposite side.

you probably want to get that welded though. at least jb weld until you do. Since there is not huge support of weight on that tab, jb weld should hold up.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha yeah long story short I was explaning or trying to over at stuntlife and one guy said dont be a ***** make it happen and I did... and well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts