·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this shot was taken by cali photography on the tight side of palomar moutain

·
Registered
397 Posts
Get your upper body off the bike more and you wouldn't have to put your knee down.

Most of your weight is above your waist, so it does more good to get your upper body off than it does to hang your ass off and keep your upper body in the middle of the bike. Plus, with your ass planted in the seat, it's easier to react to the sort of crap that always pops up when you're riding on the street.

Props for good gear, though...and I'm diggin' the Telefonica replica bodywork.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats how i roll everyone has there own style thats how i feel most comfortable. appreciate the input though

·
Registered
965 Posts
no offence, but looks like your hanging off just to touch the knee and not to properly corner.. Your body is too upright to be taking that corner correctly. Your head should be down by the left mirror. +1 for gear though.. And that bike is pure sex..

·
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher
2,160 Posts
teleinfoncarr said:
thats how i roll everyone has there own style thats how i feel most comfortable. appreciate the input though
although that is how you feel most comfortable.... it is the most incorrect way. if to you its more important to touch down with knee than to be smoother in a turn, then you are doing a perfect job.

with correct body position you can be smoother, have more room to lean, maintain more speed, and keep the motorcycle more upright (preventing lowside).

you are getting advise here from the forums .... and from what it seems like, its the majority stating about your bad body position. try and improve it, and you will thank us later.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that was one of the first time i ever drug my knee so i was fairly new at it

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Looks like youre making the bike work harder than it has to. I'd also have to say to put more of your upper body towards the inside of the turn. You also need to get your chest way lower on the tank.

I'm pretty sure I saw you at Pally a few months ago.

·
2,160 Posts
teleinfoncarr said:
that was one of the first time i ever drug my knee so i was fairly new at it
drag'n knee doesnt mean anything..... its just a huge hype that makes people have incorrect body form, just to achive the " i drag a knee statement".

i can tell you this much... look at moto gp, ama, or any other type of "racing/sport" motorcycle style racing. pay close attention to the body style they have. i know my body position is not perfect, but with pictures i try to improve what i can. i have my friends whom know more than me, give me some tips.

here is a picture of me in the same turn... and i can guarantee you that the speed i am holding during that turn is faster than the one in your picture.

REM6A said:
Come on guys we all started some place.
I started in a school parking lot where busses trun around going like 5mph at first.
once again i am not here to bash... just help him out. knowledge is priceless!!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
REM6A said:
Come on guys we all started some place.
I started in a school parking lot where busses trun around going like 5mph at first.
We did all start some place. But its the good advice from experienced riders and persistance that helps people be safer. Nobody is trashing him, just offering friendly pointers to prevent a lowside..

·
Registered
475 Posts
cool pic! definitly wish there were turns like that around here. +1 on the gear, and nice helmet (i have the same, in black instead of red, signed)

·
Registered
965 Posts
~BLACK ICE~ said:
drag'n knee doesnt mean anything..... its just a huge hype that makes people have incorrect body form, just to achive the " i drag a knee statement".

i can tell you this much... look at moto gp, ama, or any other type of "racing/sport" motorcycle style racing. pay close attention to the body style they have. i know my body position is not perfect, but with pictures i try to improve what i can. i have my friends whom know more than me, give me some tips.

here is a picture of me in the same turn... and i can guarantee you that the speed i am holding during that turn is faster than the one in your picture.

once again i am not here to bash... just help him out. knowledge is priceless!!!

Oooooh, dats puurrrdy.. Looks like Ghost rider, lol Nice Job Ice, good position

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Its best to develop proper body positioning while you're still learning, otherwise you will develop bad habits that will be very hard to break.

Ice, looking good man...you look like a big shadow. Looks like you can scoot back a bit on your seat though. Otherwise, looks clean!

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
~BLACK ICE~ said:

But can you or have you ever dragged knee??? lol! Sounds like you haven't yet! Might as well put your hand on your hip! lol! (sound familiar, you bastid?!?)

And don't worry Bro...There's this guy on a 600 who's only been riding 1 year and he's faster than me on my 1k! Bwahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!

Sorry ya'll...don't mean to jack the thread but I had a bunch of inside jokes! lol!

Btw....Congrats on the drag Bro! Millions try...but only thousands can do it! Just mix it in w/ the speed and proper body positioning! It will come! ;)

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
blackice whats with the compairason i said that it was like one of the first times i have ever done that it was taken like a year and a half ago i have changed my riding style. i didnt care about speed and i am sure you were going faster than me but it was an old pic i had dug up and decided to post so stop putting me on trial

·
2,160 Posts
RedFireRR said:
Oooooh, dats puurrrdy.. Looks like Ghost rider, lol Nice Job Ice, good position
as many know... i myself did not start like that. for a while after a crash i drove horrible. disco was a witness of that during one of our rides in palomar mountain.

i have hung arround the right people who can inform me and help me out, and improve on the mistakes i do. still to this day i continue to make little mistakes.... but practice makes perfect. i was going slower than usual going down palomar mountain ... because i hate going down hill.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts