Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had an old F2 that's been sitting around for awhile and I decided to finally work on it and get it all disassembled. Anyone else have project pictures like this? Oh and incase you're wondering, my goal is to build a stripped down, cafe racer style bike that's generally as dangerous and fun as possible.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
moreee pics! sounds fun. GL.. nice S&S suit in the backround. was thinking about getting one. how do you like it?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
moreee pics! sounds fun. GL.. nice S&S suit in the backround. was thinking about getting one. how do you like it?
It's a decent suit, it's my first one so I can't really compare it to anything, in general overall it's a decent fit. I'm 6'2" about 180lbs and it's a size 44. Really the only complaint I have about the suit is it seems tight through the thighs, and I don't think I have big legs at all. A 46 would probably be a better fit and allow room for a back protector, it's hard to size leathers though being tall and skinny.

I'll have some more pictures when I get some actual work done on it. I bought a couple parts for it this week, including some supermoto wheels, aluminum cafe racer style seatpan/tail, and an F4 rear shock.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's some pics from today, got the new wheels mocked up and the frame cleaned up a bit. Front wheel turned out to be the same size axle so it will just need spacers, but the rear wheel uses a 25mm axle and the rear sprocket is going to need some shimming to get it spaced out correctly.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha someone finally noticed.

To add on to fitting the rear wheel, I don't really want to spend the money, but I might end up just getting a supermoto cush drive hub and relacing the wheels to that.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What motor are you going to use, 600 or 900?

I'm planning on sticking with the 600, it was actually in really good shape when I took it apart. I'll throw a bigger rear sprocket on since top end speed won't be as important since it's gonna be naked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts