Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
you know, i haven't tried either...but what what i have read on this and other forums...

DCIII

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
i got the DCIII's sitting in my house because i havent gotten them on my bike yet. Think i've had them sitting for around 8 months. Bought them from Disco. so Disco FTW. He's awesome to deal with. But they're awesome tires had on my bike the first time i went to the track they stuck really well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
its all personal preference.. I have tried both, i personally like the feel of the 2ct on the track that is. The corsa 3 I just didnt like the feel of it... some of my buddies swear by that tire and some swear by the 2ct... basically whatever makes you feel confident. There both great tires at the end of the day, try em both. An then go back to the one you preferred. Thats the only way to find out.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Have ridden with 2CT's, great tires but if you want something really, really awesome then fit the Metzler Racetecs ... OMFG

·
Registered
55 Posts
its all personal preference.. I have tried both, i personally like the feel of the 2ct on the track that is. The corsa 3 I just didnt like the feel of it... some of my buddies swear by that tire and some swear by the 2ct... basically whatever makes you feel confident. There both great tires at the end of the day, try em both. An then go back to the one you preferred. Thats the only way to find out.
That sums it up. When I first put the 3s on it felt like a whole new bike. You probably won't be disappointed no matter which one you choose.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I haven't tried the PP 2CT, but i have tried the regular PPs. I think the only difference between the 2CT and the regular PP are the compounds. I've also ridden on the DCIIIs on the track and the street. The DCIII tire feels like a rounder tire that has a gradual drop when leaning over into a lean. I took them for a Cornerspeed Day after only 200 miles on them and they performed incredibly on my '03RR. They gave me a lot of confidence. The regular PPs shape felt like the bike leaned over much quicker (which some like), however i preferred the feel of the DCIIIs. The DCIIIs felt like a more stable tire when riding it on the street as well. I didn't notice a significant decrease in wear as i did with the regular PP, however the 2CT is probably better at that than the regular PP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts