Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

When I roll slowly, I've been noticing that my rear tire has this little spring/pinging sound. It's like "ping ping pingpingpingping", very softly. Also, my front tire does this very subtle knock that i can hear once every revolution, also only when rolling very slowly. Anyone have any clue as to what this is?

-Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill have to take a look

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I lubed/cleaned the chain last week, and the pinging sound is coming from the kush drive area. It sounds honestly like a metal ball bouncing on metal. Is that a bearing? How would I fix it?

The other thing is, that knock still occurs on the front tire. It happens once every time the wheel turns, but I can only feel/hear it at VERY low speed. Both sounds can be heard clearly when my engine is off and I'm backing the bike up while sitting on it.

Some help, please? =)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could this be because I torqued it to stock values? Maybe I broke the bearings? Anyone have any experience with this? I thought Carrozzeria fixed that problem.

Also, the bearings and the bolts holding the rear wheel onto the kush drive and sprocket are rusted...this couldn't have an effect, could it? I'll try to get some photos and videos soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts