Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first or I guess I should say second post on this forum. Unfortunately already needing some help… It looks like the owner of the bike did a sketchy JB Weld job and now the cylinder wall is leaking coolant when the bike is warmed up… What are my options? If any?
I’m very excited to be a part of this community… Hate to be starting off with bad news :(
I have included a couple of pictures of where the leak is... (Left side of engine)

The bike is a 2008 cbr600rr with 24k miles and i have had it for only a month now but I am deeply in love with the bike (her name is Cici ❤)
Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
I can't see what the hell is going on from those pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, I just clicked on the pictures myself and they were pretty useless LOL basically the very left cylinder has a pinhole leak only leaking coolant

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
First thing you need to do is completely clean the area off so we can see what’s going on, then take clear, right side up, large pictures of the area so we can help.

A pinhole in the side of the engine seems like a strange place to develop unless the bike was crashed or maybe filled with water instead of coolant and froze during cold months.

Where are you located, OP?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Remove JB weld crap and have professional weld hole up. Doesn't really matter what the pics look like, this is your only real option if the engine block is indeed leaking besides replacement.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welding would be best. Another option: drill>tap>screw+sealing washer, if there is enough space.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts