Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a link to place where it can be bought? I'm considering doing a gold/bronze color to my wheels because my levers are gold. I've had the bike a couple of weeks now and actually got in an accident the other day so the shop will have it for another 2 weeks probably as the insurance repairs it (Not-at-fault accident) and in the meantime i'm trying to decide what I want to do with it when I get it back. Al i've done since I got it are the levers (stock clutch lever was bent), 8000K HID's and center LED. It already had exhaust, fender eliminator, flushmount signals, integrated tail and pc3.

So far i'm thinking pinstripe, frame sliders, maybe gold f&r pegs, eventually powdercoat the swingarm black and possibly smoking my headlights or getting covers (http://www.xdcycle.com/discount-mot...-CBR-600RR-Smoked-Headlight-Cover-Shades.html) but I don't know if they will be flush enough to look clean or if they will look just like well... covers. I want to do something else to the bike to make it look different than the rest of the black RR's on the street. Opinions would be great, I don't want my bike to look like a ricemobile though. I like simple and clean.

Pics of her now:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS - Should have made the thread name Pinstriping wheels and other aesthetic mods... Oh well :/

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, Tapeworks is the place. Just Google it. They also have cool reflective pinstripes (rim stripes) as well as lots of other cool graphic tape. Putting it on is a challenge- you have to have a steady hand and someone to slowly but smoothly spin the wheel as you apply it or you may end up with zigs and zags!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link, I was looking for a thread like that and couldn't find it. I'll have a look at their site too and hopefully when I get her back will be able to do a few things to her. My hands are much too shaky to put the tape on but my brother (red cbr above) has a knack for stuff like that so he'll be the one to put it on, haha.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My pinstriping is starting to come off of my front wheel - I've never put striping on, as it was already on the bike when I bought it a couple months ago.

My question is - can I just cut / scrape and replace the sections which are starting to come off, or should I redo the whole wheel? Also, what would be the best way to remove the pinstriping?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm assuming it's vinyl. If so, just pull it off and clean that surface very well and redo the wheels. I say redo both because you may not find an exact color match if you do only one wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.