Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys....will you be pissed if you were me.

Last Thurs, i went into a honda dealer and left a deposit for a 04 RR. At the time, they said they have a brand new one (red/blk) sitting in a crate and it should be matter of a day before the bike should be ready for pick up. Anyhow, they said delivery on Fri is unlikely looking at their schedule but Sat is looking real good. So i called them on Fri and i hear this bad news how the gas tank was cracked when they opened the crate so they will have to order a new bike for me and Tues is the new scheduled delivery date. Fine...i am good because i know these things happen. On Mon, i called them to see if the delivery date is still set and they tell me the bike won't be delivered till tomorrow. Fine...that is cool. Tues, yesterday, called them at noon and they said the bike still hasn't been delivered and they can't tell me for sure when it will be. They will call me once the bike comes in. At the end of the day, no bike and no phone call to follow up on anything. Throughout this whole time, there is not one single phone call infoming me of the delays of delivery...i have to call them and find out what the hell is going on. It seems like once they got the contract, they did not follow through on their after sale service. I am slightly annoyed since i bought this bike with the intention of maximizing my riding time for this season (winter is coming). I could of bought a R6 and it would of been ready in a day. Should i have the right to be upset? What would you guys do? As of now, i still don't know when i will get the bike. Sorry for the rant....have to vent.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Yep, you have every right to be upset. I had that same problem with my Suzuki. Promise date and delivery date were two weeks away, with me calling them every day and them telling me probably tomorrow. I paid in full. Never do that again, but I got an extra helmet, extended warranty and a Jacket for my displeasure.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I got an extra helmet, extended warranty and a Jacket for my displeasure.
Be VERY PISSED! I would be down there in person every free chance I got. I would try to get all kind of gear that I could for THEIR screw up!!!

STICK TO THEM, LET THEM KNOW HOW PISSED YOU ARE!!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You have a good reason to rant. Fortunately my local dealer, is extremely awsome. I only ask for one guy there now, and if he isn't there I don't want to talk to anybody else.

When I ordered my 600rr last spring, it was also delayed. But he called me every day informing me of what was going on. I thought that was great, although I wanted the bike right then I felt better because they took the time to cal and explain. When I picked up my bike he even gave me a gas card for $10 worth of gas for my trouble. I know it wasn't much but it was handled extremely professionally.

I think it has to do alot with how the dealer likes to run his shop. I now tell everyone and their brother/sister in my area about them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had the same problem when they were taking reservations on the '03's. The dealer told me I was the first on the list to get a black one. I saw the list and this was indeed the case. Then after numerous delays from Honda (not the dealer's fault) the bikes finally started to arrive. I then called the dealer and asked them about the status of my bike. They said that a black one had arrived and it was going to its owner (more than likely someone who worked at the dealership and decided they wanted the bike) and I was second on the list. The next black one should arrive in a week or two. I was furious and all the other dealers in the area didn't have any. I callled a large dealer near my hometown in PA (I live in MA now). They had one and it was $600 less. Needless to say, I cancelled my order and picked up the one in PA and trailered it back.

It's hard to get good service when the product is in such demand. The dealers don't give a ****, they'll just sell it to some other schmo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You could get your deposit back and shop elsewhere, or not at all. If I were you, that is what I'd be demanding. Like you surmised, the only way to keep their attention and good service is to keep the green in your pocket until the goods are delivered.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
My opinion - you have every right to be frustrated with the lack of followup but that's about it. I wouldn't say you've got the right to be pissed at them about the things that are not reasonably within their control like shipping damage and when shipments arrive.

Your anxiousness about getting the bike is perfectly reasonable but it's not the dealership's fault you waited until a few weeks before riding season ends and you're feeling rushed to beat the snow.

I may not have the popular opinion but it seems that more and more people expect to pay the absolute least amount possible for anything & everything motorcycle related and want it all yesterday for our (give or take) $8500 toy.

Hope you get your bike soon.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wait, you're complaining because you had to wait a day without a phone call? No, you don't have any right to be pissed. It's a freakin day, when it turns into a week, then you can start whining. Yea you want to maximize your riding time but as JetBlast said it's not their fault you waited until winter to buy a bike. If you called Tuesday Noon and they said "We'll call you when it's in" they're not going to call you 5 hours later when they close and say "It's not in." No, they're going to freaking call you when it's in.

These people sound pretty receptive to your phone calls anyway, it's not like they're giving you the run around or they can be doing anything more. If the only reason your getting a 600RR over an R6 is because you wanted it right goddamn now, then you just said more than you probably wanted to about your character.

·
Registered
517 Posts
There really isn't much to be mad about, I mean if they don't have the bike, they don't have the bike, there isn't much anybody can do to speed that up. Now, if the dealership had the bike and they were just taking their time giving it to you, then that might be another story, but if they don't have it, what can you do.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Let me get this right, you're upset at a dealer because he can't control when he recieves his deliveries? Yep, I'm sure he called the shipping company and told them not to deliver your bike, so he WOULDN'T HAVE A SALE!! Come on!!

The contract you referred to, wouldn't that be on the original bike, the red/blk with the cracked tank? The VIN on the contract and the VIN on the bike you're recieving don't match. Need a new contract. Make certain the dealer realizes this, to avoid any future problems.

Good luck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I call BS on this deal.

1) were you ever shown the bike while it was down? Sounds like could have been more than a cracked tank/"tank" cover. The 'crates' are metal cages and any of a number of stupid forklift stunts can result in significant damage to a bike still 'in the crate'.

2) a damaged anything coming out of the crate is filed with Honda as 'crate damage' and covered under warranty. Parts are readily available and if they promised it to you quickly they can be 'priority shipped' and arrive 1-2 days. It is not uncommon for a dealer to break open two slightly damaged units to make one pretty one. Not a big deal until someone wants the last one.

3) Your dealer should have been callling around looking for another bike (same color/model) from another dealer so you could take delivery. If the other dealer needs it they can have one of theirs delivered from Honda to the other dealer. Your dealer should kiss your *ss for having the patience to wait.

#1 and #2 are evidence that they are careless and/or slow in fixing things for themselves. I wouldn't expect much more from them as a customer.

#3 is silly. I guess their brains have already shut down for the winter. Again, no service now...expect more of the same later.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Those of you saying he has no right to be pissed because it isn't like the dealer doesn't want to make the sale, they're not telling them not to ship it, etc.... :bitchslap: . The dealer NEVER HAD THE BIKE. As for "getting" the sale, they already have it. They wanted to get everything nailed down and felt if they said it would take 3-4 weeks they would have lost the sale, which by the sound of it, they would have. Make sure you get extra equipment out of this deal, you're getting the brown end of the stick. If you're contract has a delivery date perhaps you can back out of the deal all together. If you threaten backing out due to breach of contract, you'd be surprised how nice they will become.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
hondaman74 said:
if i remember correctly, youre in the toronto area.. what dealership did you go to?
If this is so, PM me and I will follow up as I work for Honda Canada....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK...for those that said i have no right to rant/pissed/upset, you obviously have no idea what is going on. They promised delivery last Sat, than it got delayed till Tues, Wed, and now Thurs. From the way things look, i won't be getting it today (Thurs) either. If it was you, you will be slightly annoyed as well. Don't promise something when you can't deliver. Also, they never have a firm answer for me. It's always, most likely, it will come tomorrow. Well, i have been hearing this for a entire week!!! What pisses me off more is that they had a blue one there and i said i will take the blue one instead of waiting and they wanted an extra $1000 for it! It didn't seem to matter what colour i wanted when i negotiated at the begining. As well, the bike is coming from Montreal (2 hours from here). I highly doubt it will take more than 3 days to transport a bike from there. Somerthing is up and i can only think of few possibilities:

1. They didn't order a bike specifically for me. They didn't want to pay extra to have my bike shipped so they just included it with their next order which can cause a delay.

2. They didn't want to order another bike so they will be stuck with inventory so they ordered a new gas tank which is taking longer to get here.

3. They never had the bike to begin with and just want to make the sale. After the sale, it's harder for them to locate/get the bike than they thought.

None the less, through out this whole time, they never called once to inform me of the delay. I had to make all the calls to find out what is going on with my bike. And their attitude. When i walk in, it seems like i am now transparent because they have closed the deal which pisses me off!

I am going to go in today and they better have some answers for me. :-x

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yea they promised to deliver Sat, but had to delay until Tues because of the scratched tank. Nothing you can be mad about, would you rather have them sold you it in that bad condition? So you should be saying "They promised to deliver Tues, and now it's midday Thursday". You're making a much bigger deal of this than you should be. Here's the 4th and PROBABLE real reason they don't have your bike:

4) They ordered your bike, they took a little long to put the order in. The guy on the other end took a little long to get it ready for shipping. Your post office is taking a little long too. That can easily add up to 2 days. = the dealer misquoted the day it is coming in. Once again, at this point nobody is really out there screwing you. You've also called them everday to find out what is going on with your bike, so you haven't really given them a lot of time to contact YOU, you know what I mean?

It does stink of BS however when they won't giver you the RR that's on the floor. Charging you an extra $1000 is just extortion because they know you want it now. You should 100% be able to take that one right off the showroom floor.

If I were you, I'd wait until Saturday to try to pull out of your deal or use it as bargining leverage to get free stuff. If you walk in there today and start bitching you had to wait two days (because if you bitch about a scratched tank then they'll just treat you like the kid you are), then you won't get much if anything. A week has much more bargining power.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts