Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Honda600rra 2011
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.im new to this site .I have a question .recently striped down calipers fitted new oil seals and dust seals and new pads ,bled brakes.all seemed fine .however I noticed on the left caliper 2 of the 4 pistons are not coming out as much.2 on one side are out about 4mm the other 2 are out about 2mm.the right hand side caliper looks perfect. have I done something wrong or is something out of alignment. any ideas 馃

Registered
Honda600rra 2011
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strange, I'd pull them apart again and reseat all the seals and pistons.
thanks for your reply.i also ment to say before doing all the seal changes I noticed this last year when cleaning the brakes but didn't pay much attention to it as the pads had still worn evenly .someone had suggested it could be a bent caliper carrier or a modified caliper .as I say the right hand side looks perfect and that caliper is similar to the left side 馃

Registered
Honda600rra 2011
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your reply.i also ment to say before doing all the seal changes I noticed this last year when cleaning the brakes but didn't pay much attention to it as the pads had still worn evenly .someone had suggested it could be a bent caliper carrier or a modified caliper .as I say the right hand side looks perfect and that caliper is similar to the left side 馃
hi chisel.think I found my problem and will try to fix it tomorrow. I had the front wheel off .didn't realise you had to align it on fitting .doh 馃槵

1 - 4 of 4 Posts