Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Pit Bull front stand, the triple tree model, anyway, I can't get it to work. When I try to lift the front, the top bar keeps hitting the upper fairing. In the instructions that come with the stand, it says not to lift the bike if the stand touches the fairing because it will break the fairing. I tried to adjust the set screw on the pin and it is still hitting the fairing.

This is the first time I have tried to use a front stand, so I was just wondering if those of you that have used the front Pit Bull stand have any tricks that you could pass on to a stand rookie. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Check the adjustment screw in the pin, I had to screw mine all the way into the pin so the pin would slide all the way into the steering column. Basically, if you look up under the nose fairing when you insert the pin, the pin should go almost all the way in. At that angle, you shouldnt touch the front fairing

Trust me, you're not the only one thats done this (cough cough)..

·
Registered
389 Posts
are you sure you got the right pin? cause they sell different ones for different bikes. mine does not hit the fairing. i adjusted the set screw out a little to reduce the play once the bike was raised, but even without that it still never hit the fairing.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies. I got the right pin for the stand. I wasn't getting the pin all the way into the steering column though. I called Pit Bull and they said make sure you get the pin all the way in, and sure enough it went right up on the first try. Did I feel like an idiot.

·
Registered
389 Posts
clobato said:
Thanks for the quick replies. I got the right pin for the stand. I wasn't getting the pin all the way into the steering column though. I called Pit Bull and they said make sure you get the pin all the way in, and sure enough it went right up on the first try. Did I feel like an idiot.
an idiot would have just pushed on the stand til the fairing broke. no shame in asking:)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
bent240sx said:
an idiot would have just pushed on the stand til the fairing broke. no shame in asking:)
Yah, I got pretty close to that as well.. started to hear a cracking sound and i was like "whoa!".. my roomie did the same thing later cuz he'd never seen how far it goes up into the column before

·
Registered
726 Posts
Ours are a bit tight too. They require a little wiggling to get up in there, but it works.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is tight also. I was ticked when I thought that the stand didn't work and then I was really ticked when I realized what I was doing wrong and why it wouldn't work. I should have been able to figure that out on my own.

·
Registered
117 Posts
ya i did the same crap, i was kickin myself in the arse an hour later when i kept staring at it... hahaha... live and learn live and learn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts