Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm planning to get a cbr 600rr.
I see a previously owned unit 05 model..
But it only has 5 speed transmission.
I checked wiki. And it says 600RRs have 6 speed trans. What's the diff? Is it legit?
This is my first time trying to buy a bike by myself. And I need tips on what to know before buying one.. help me out guys :D

·
Registered
586 Posts
it has a 6 speed. whatever that ad or seller or dealer is telling you doesn't know that it is a 6 speed. 1 down, 5 up.
This. If that's a private sellers ad they're a moron. I wouldn't trust someone who doesn't know how many gears the bike has to complete regular maintenance.

If its a dealers ad...even worse.

Possible its just a typo though.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
This is my first time trying to buy a bike by myself. And I need tips on what to know before buying one.. help me out guys :D
Having someone know what to look for and ask for go with you is the best thing you can do. I've done that for my friends, and I'm also able to be the 'bad cop' when it comes to negotiating.

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
yup.... all good suggestions, the moto riding course is huge, the gear is huge... and of course as FC said, having someone go with you that knows bikes is huge-huge, to this day, if i was to replace a bike i would probably ask my friend (who is a lot better with all that) to go with and make sure he give his opinion and wisdom.... you don't want a bike that will fall apart on you, on 2 wheels that's def. an important thing ---- good luck and hopefully you get a good bike, one that you will be happy with :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts